Honored Contributor

Re: those Life Alert type systems?

@BestdressedTY for this information.  Mine sounds as if it's outdated.

Trusted Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@BestdressedTY for this information.  Mine sounds as if it's outdated.

millieshops...your welcome! I do not know anything about the newer alert systems that work outside your home or sensor a fall. Maybe someone else here has more info or can recommend a company for you.Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I bought the GreatCall (Jitterbug company) Five Star Response for my elderly mom and we are very happy with it. It works ANYWHERE -- has a GPS locator built into it. Mom has used it a few times and the response has been wonderful. You fill out a profile with meds, doctor info, family members/neighbors/friends, license plate (if still driving). Family members can choose to "look in" by logging on to the computer and finding out where the device is. Sometimes when Mom is a little anxious she'll push the button just to talk to someone - they encourage that. A few times Mom has put the device into her pants pocket and "butt-dialed" GreatCall. They then called me to say that Mom was alright because the could hear her having a phone conversation! We had a good laugh about that. They have always contacted me immediately no matter what. Very pleased with the price, too. $14.95/mo since she has her cell phone service with them as well.

Honored Contributor

@LonestarBabs wrote:

I bought the GreatCall (Jitterbug company) Five Star Response for my elderly mom and we are very happy with it. It works ANYWHERE -- has a GPS locator built into it. Mom has used it a few times and the response has been wonderful. You fill out a profile with meds, doctor info, family members/neighbors/friends, license plate (if still driving). Family members can choose to "look in" by logging on to the computer and finding out where the device is. Sometimes when Mom is a little anxious she'll push the button just to talk to someone - they encourage that. A few times Mom has put the device into her pants pocket and "butt-dialed" GreatCall. They then called me to say that Mom was alright because the could hear her having a phone conversation! We had a good laugh about that. They have always contacted me immediately no matter what. Very pleased with the price, too. $14.95/mo since she has her cell phone service with them as well.

Thanks for all the responses.  This would be for my dad.  He has a Jitterbug phone so, if we need to, we'll check with them for the alert thing.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?