Respected Contributor

Respected Contributor

HA ha I just hearted you to see if it can be undone because I have not tried to unheart a post...Well call me Captain Obvious.. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Or, if you can't figure it out, just post on the thread for all to see:

I mistakenly Heart'd you.

Respected Contributor

Re: How to unheart!

[ Edited ]

I was going to do that on the Cecll thread;  by mistake pressed heart  instead of reply because I didn't realize that the thread was being held up and there was no reply "button!"  I had read that the wife was right there with the dentist in action and agreement!

Honored Contributor

Re: How to unheart!

[ Edited ]

@Justice4all @Lucky Charm @AngusandBuddhasMom  

If you give a heart by mistake you can undo it.  Return to the comment you "hearted" - locate the three dots up in the righthand corner.  Click on the dots and you should be able to select "Revoke Heart" (or something like that).  Click on it and the heart tally on the post will be reduced by 1.   

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch

Thank you!  If only life could be that easy!

Trusted Contributor

Thank you for the tip! I unhearted your comment, it worked! I just went back to restore your heart.

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Justice4all @Lucky Charm @AngusandBuddhasMom  

If you give a heart by mistake you can undo it.  Return to the comment you "hearted" - locate the three dots up in the righthand corner.  Click on the dots and you should be able to select "Revoke Heart" (or something like that).  Click on it and it the heart tally on the post will be reduced by 1.   

This is correct. If you do not see the option to revoke the heart, refresh the page and it will show up. Sometimes it takes a few seconds to allow the change.

Respected Contributor

I've hearted a few times by mistake, usually before I've even read the post.  I have to remember not to rest my finger on the screen too long when scrolling.  I used to hit Report Inappropriate the same way by mistake, but at least that you had a chance to cancel first!

Honored Contributor

Keep in mind though, your name is still in the notification file even though you 'unhearted' the post.  That probably really riles some here, but I find it hilarious...........