Esteemed Contributor

Re: the dollar store??

[ Edited ]

I haven't been in a Family Dollar for decades, and one trip to Dollar General was enough to tell me Dollar Tree was the one for me!

I looove 😍Heart Dollar Tree Heart!!

I buy all my batteries there.

Their seasonal solar powered 'pumpkinhead' figure dances all day on my windowsill.

The Ginger Snaps are very good, and recently they had Lemon Snaps.

Yummy!😋

Every year I buy floor mats for the car at Dollar Tree, then just throw them away after Winter slop is over.

I use their 'sensitive' toothpaste, bungee cords, bandages & alcohol wipes, hand sanitizer, and cat nail clipper.

I'm on my third year using the same pair of $1. garden gloves. And I work these gloves hard!

I buy marking pens, boxes of security envelopes, sharp scissors, and spatulas, sink mats and kitchen gadgets.

Buckets & scrub-sponges, pickles, keyboard stylus, nitelight, and hair bandana to protect my curls overnight. 

Was looking for just about a dollar's worth of sugar. Same for other things, where I don't want a larger package because most of it will just sit on my shelf.

At this point I buy stuff in just about every section of the Dollar Store. 

The condition of the stores varies depending on both staff and the customers who frequent that store.

When I shop at the Dollar Tree in a wealthy community, the multi-millionaires are buying their birthday cards, bobby pins and batteries there.

My heck'uv-a-wreck car stands out in that parking lot. lol!!

Honored Contributor

I buy gift bags, wrapping paper, tissue paper and cards there. No consumables for my family including my pets..

No toys, dishes, dog toys, etc.

so, not very much I guess.  

Honored Contributor

@x Hedge  Oh yes.... But forgot to mention  about the great deals on batteries! 

Honored Contributor

I forgot to mention my beloved Bugles, DT is about the only place that I can find them.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

These are my favorite glasses. I buy them at the dollar store for $1. 

download (1).jpg

Trusted Contributor

the candy there is a good buy too.  i tend to avoid the knick knack tyoe stuff ecause i have too much of that already.  but you can spend or overspend if you ae not careful

Honored Contributor

I buy paper products like paper plates, cards, gift wrap, tissue paper, celophane bags for my cookies and candy and party decorations.

I purchase small waste brackets,they last for years, also platters and dishes to leave behind when I am taking food to a pot luck...Pens, pencils, coloring books and construction paper, glue, stickers, glitter and stuff for kids to do crafts.  I have a few reed baskets that have held up fine.

i buy packages of tooth brushes and combs and brushes for guests who stay with us.

i do not buy food, cosmetics or meds there.

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife............Wow thats interesting, thanks for the info.

The Clover Valley Brand at Dollar General is labled Goodlettsville, TN.  I hope that means its prepared here in the US.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@RespectLife had some good tips. I like buying bowl cleaner and paper products but rarely buy consumables.

As @SeaMaiden said, those stores are often all low income people use and they serve a need in many communities.

Respected Contributor

I love my Dollar Store! Cards, Kleenex, tin foil, containers, bleach, some kitchen gadgets, canning jars, etc. I go 2 to 3 times a month, You just cant beat their prices.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18