Trusted Contributor

Re: tell us something about yourself we might not know

@lulu1wrote:

The father of one of my closest friends was a production manager for The Ed Sullivan Show.  When ES started having pop groups on his weekly show, they wanted teenagers in the audience.  I was recruited several times and was a screamer for the Beatles' second appearance.

@lulu1 OH, lucky YOU, I'm jealous! The Beatles, no way, Robot LOL OMG, the Beatles!!!

Trusted Contributor

@Jackhound Momwrote:

Great reading here, thanks!

You might not know that even though I a chicken I have done animal rescues of all kinds mostly with DH and am fearless during these times.  Never gotten scrached or bitten or ever used anything but a towel to do so.  Almost 100% happy endings.

Also, I knew when my mother died who was across the country before we got the call.  She was in a nurcing home and not ill at the time.  I also had several real feeling dreams about her after she passed.  They felt like we were together again.

Cathy

@Jackhound Mom You deserve an award for animal rescue! GOD bless you & your hubby for saving our ANGELS, I thank you with all of my heart & send you big hugs! Also, I can relate to your 'special' feelingsHeart, we should chat sometime, I hope we can & compare notes.

Honored Contributor

@qvcfreakwrote:

@Imaoldhippiewrote:

Just one of my oddities..........I wear my socks wrong side out.

You reminded me of my Mom, the threading inside bothered her and she always wore her socks inside out. 

@qvcfreak@Imaoldhippie

I can't stand socks.

Esteemed Contributor

Dr. Ruth Westheimer was my college professor in my senior year.She was the nicest person. She gave me an extension on a term paper because my dad was in the hospital.We became friends & kept in touch for several years after I graduated.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Grew up in very strict italian family, went to private all girls school, never allowed to go to malls/movies alone, no dating til 17, traveled around the world by the time I was 15, and married (against parents wishes at 20 - he's still here 41 years later😮 by the grace of God) but the real secret my parents warned me everyday not to do: 

I Talk to strangers! ( I used volunteer 3 days/week at our local assisted living/rehab facility.)  I thoroughly enjoy it because most are senior citizens & some of their stories and life experiences are amazing! 

Decided to be a dental hygienist. Graduated & only lasted 6 months because bad breath, bad teeth, etc. gagged me!😬😳😮

Trusted Contributor

@Drythewrote:

Took skydiving classes long enough to qualify to free fall, did it once, and quit.  Just wanted to try it.

Volunteered at a shoestring big cat rescue, went in cages with them to feed and clean - had a “guard” carrying a baseball bat, that would had been very useful if needed - Right?  Now that place is The Carnivore Preasevation Trust, then it was someone’s backyard.

I met Elvis, he gave me one of his guitar strings, I still have it.

Someone upstream said the first two things also, I think that’s an odd coincidence.

Oh, I do not believe Oswald acted alone.

@Drythe Loved reading your very interesting post! Heart

Trusted Contributor

@Desertdiwrote:

I drive a hot rod...........(!)

@Desertdi Super Cool!!!

Trusted Contributor

@SeaMaidenwrote:

I  have two sisters who both live an hour away from me.  One sister(  older by 9 years) I have not spoke or seen since I was 17. I am 62 today. 

The other sister( older by 4 years) I have not seen in 20 plus years) We did email a couple of times when my Father passed away two years ago.... but that was it.

Really nothing to say to one another, and we have nothing now in common other than blood with all the years that have passed by. 

@SeaMaiden  HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Sorry, Smiley Happymy B.D. wish is late, but I do mean it, hope you have fun!

Trusted Contributor

@Jackhound Momwrote:

Great reading here, thanks!

You might not know that even though I a chicken I have done animal rescues of all kinds mostly with DH and am fearless during these times.  Never gotten scrached or bitten or ever used anything but a towel to do so.  Almost 100% happy endings.

Also, I knew when my mother died who was across the country before we got the call.  She was in a nurcing home and not ill at the time.  I also had several real feeling dreams about her after she passed.  They felt like we were together again.

Cathy

@Jackhound Mom P.S. YOU ARE ANYTHING BUT A CHICKEN!

Regular Contributor

I trained guide dogs for 23yrs would keep them to age 16-18mos of age adopted 3 that didn’t make the final grade would have loved to have more but husband said no more room on our bed lol.  Usually Labs or German Shepherd’s it was a very rewarding experience too see these beautiful dogs open up a world to the blind. 

I play Piano and flute

Favorite music is jazz

Fun thread loved reading all of the responses. 

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.
Robert Frost