Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

Sorry for all your rain troubles. I'm in the South and it rained today. Strangely, I just love rainy days. I've often thought I should live in Washington State. I'm never happier than when it's raining. 

Today, I tried to figure it out in my past. I must have had some wonderful times in the rain. LOL. When it rains, there's a calmness and peacefulness that's just overwhelming. And when it does rain, I just wish it would continue every day. 

Sunshine does not at all affect me like a beautiful rainy day. 

@febe1   When it rains here in NC, I feel it's OK to stay in and get some things done that I've put off. We're having several days in a row of rain/storms now. I'm doing more of my packing up old books , whittling down of extra linens, etc. I love to cook big batches of sauce and soups for the freezer. Best of all, there's nothing better than sleeping in the rain with the window open...except maybe if I had a tin roof....hearing it on the gutters is sufficient.

I really have a love for it, @Shanus . Nothing makes me more happy than a gently falling all day rain. It doesn't matter whether I'm inside or outsidfe, night or day, I'm in heaven. If I'm inside, I have to look out at it. When outside, love to walk in it. Umbrellas are unnecessary for me. 

I do remember as a young child when it was raining, I would take off my shoes and walk in the gutter with the water gently flowing. That may be the beginning. 

Most love the sun, the heat, the warmth, but I love the rain. Today, it overcast and cloudy, but I'm still holding out for rain. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Donna2019 ----the cats and dogs were there tooWoman Happy, Yes, in my part of the world, western WA state, during these type of rains, the low lying valleys and roads, pastures and such are under many feet of water, the rivers get to flood stage too. A normal thing for us. there was almost 2 inches of rain that day--an all time record for rainfall for that day too. Had a creek in my back yard of a house I built--was usually a trickle but during a huge rain, that thing would fill and just rage--never broke its banks but did change course many times due to so much water. typical thing for us here.

Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

Good grief----here, near Seattle where I live, it is raining pigs and chickens!! Going thru a pineapple express where all that rain comes from around Hawaii straight at us--like a fire hose. It is about 62* outside too. Just a deluge now!! 

@wagirl   Send some to California, please.