Occasional Contributor

Re: sharon faetsch leaving qvc

Jane Treacy left, tried her hand at selling silver jewelry on her own (was the former Silver Style host on QVC). Didn't work out. She returned to QVC after a few short years. I wonder if Lori Goldstein will miss Sharon on the LOGO shows?  

Honored Contributor

Sharon's last words today, as the camera showed her and the family seated on the couch surrounded by Alberti, Rachel, David, and other hosts, and faded to the next show:  "Follow me on Facebook!"

Occasional Contributor

Boo Hoo...Sharon is one of the best. Darling family won't wait. Work always can wait..Best thing you can do. Very impressed! Have fun...                                   

"Time and tide wait for no man."

Occasional Visitor

So sad to see you leaving.  You belong in front of a camera.  I also understand you wanting to spend more time with your family.  Hope you have a great Thanksgiving and Christmas.  You have a beautiful family.  I will be sure to watch you on Facebook and Instagram.  Best of wishes.  💐

Respected Contributor

I hope that this was 100% her decision!

Sharon wasn't on QVC that often so this comes as a surprise. She was the VERY BEST host in terms of presenting food items. 

I am surprised that she would walk away from such a lucrative job considering the fact that she was only on air a few times per week if that. 

I wish her the very best!

Trusted Contributor

I was thinking about this.  She has been at the Q longer than Mary and Stacey, but who got their own food/cooking shows?  I think it is accepted that Mary will succeed David if he should decide to retire (which I don't anticipate for many years).  Unless Sharon turned opportunities down, there was apparently no advancement from being a "regular" show host in her future.

Respected Contributor

@sashamatthews wrote:

I was thinking about this.  She has been at the Q longer than Mary and Stacey, but who got their own food/cooking shows?  I think it is accepted that Mary will succeed David if he should decide to retire (which I don't anticipate for many years).  Unless Sharon turned opportunities down, there was apparently no advancement from being a "regular" show host in her future.

Sharon was already the lead host in the gourmet prepared foods (not sure of the actual term) category. I didn't really think of her like Mary or Stacey, for whom cooking was more the focus. I think she had found her niche and was happy doing all of the gourmet shows, as well as her standing LOGO show, etc. Besides, I'm not sure what's so wrong with being a "regular" show host?

Respected Contributor

@LRHJAX wrote:

Jane Treacy left, tried her hand at selling silver jewelry on her own (was the former Silver Style host on QVC). Didn't work out. She returned to QVC after a few short years. I wonder if Lori Goldstein will miss Sharon on the LOGO shows?  

I read somewhere that it was just for a year and it was so she could get her teeth straightened out.  She talked about wearing braces after she returned.  Who knows. I like her and I was glad she came back.

Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Yeah, sure.  Quitting to spend time with the kids who are in school all day.  Hosts come, hosts go for a variety of reasons.  We'll probably see her down the road some time doing infomercials or representing some product on some other shopping channel.  

Her kids are at a age where they are probably involved in a lot of activities that she is missing out on.

Trusted Contributor

@emmysmom wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:
yes, she just confirmed it on her qvc facebook page.     Sharon Faetsch QVC

So, if you missed the announcement that I just made on the air, here it is: After 15 years of being your Foodie Friend on QVC, I have decided to leave. At 11 and 9 years old, my kids certainly aren't getting any younger, and I want to spend more time just being a mom. QVC has been such a wonderful place to work and I will always remember the amazing time that I spent here. My last show will be on Wednesday, November 21st. This facebook account will stay with QVC, but I have another one at https://facebook.com/SharonFaetsch. Please follow me there so that we can continue to chat about food, fashion, and what's happening in the world! Thank you to all of you for being on the other side of the screen, and for being so kind to me for so many years!😘😘😘

sf.jpg

What a lovely family..her daughter looks like her...enjoy your time w/your kids! I was fortunate that I got to be a SAHM...Heart

What a sweet family!  I really never cared for her over pronunciation and over emphasis of certain words like she was trying to make a point yet it was just a fashion program or a cooking program she was on..