Trusted Contributor

I was trying to set up my account with Synchrony Bank to begin receiving eStatements.  When I got to the part about inputing the last 4 digits of my SSN, it said it does not match their records.  I gave them a call and after 5 minutes of automated questions, I was connected to a very nice lady.  After her trying to find an answer for missing SSN she told me they can't enter that information which I sort of understand for privacy issues, but they only ask for the last four digits.  She then proceeded to start to tell me that I need to MAIL them a copy of my SS card and Drivers License. That's where I stopped her and said no way would I mail those 2 items to anyone and thanked her for her help.  Would you mail those to anyone?

Super Contributor

NO!

Honored Contributor

Absolutely not.

Trusted Contributor

I'm kicking myself for doing the same thing, but for some medical records.  I went on vacation in a different state and ended up in the ER with kidney stones.  Long story short, my dr. requested a CD of my CT scan that I had taken in the ER.  OMG - it was like I had to give them an arm, a leg AND a copy of my drivers license.  Well... guess what?!  It's been 6 weeks ago I mailed this to them and I've receive nothing.  I called about it twice and they said I was 'in the Q', whatever that means. 

I knew I shouldn't, but yet I did.  I hope nothing bad comes of this...

Honored Contributor

@grandma2pkmh 

Even in this fb/google era of technology(know everything about you except when you p), this "nice" lady would hear a similar reply from me.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@Shogirl 

"In the Q" usually means you are in some type of line, or order. When I download "on demand free movies", it starts downloading #1 then #2 in the order in which I selected them and says "Q".

I too hope nothing detrimental turns up for you because of this.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

Synchrony Bank informed me that they are not set up to send E-Bills with QVC.

They will email a copy of your bill, for you to view,  to an email address. 

They do not send your bill to a bank or credit union; only to you!

I get an E-Bill from them for Amazon but not QVC!

Trusted Contributor

@Zhills   That is what I was trying to do, an eStatement to me at my email address.

Honored Contributor

I guess if that is what they require then it depends on how important receiving the e statements are to you. They probably have a protocol to go through to make sure that it is YOU.   

Honored Contributor

Nope, did you ask her the SS on record?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**