Esteemed Contributor

I don't know what takes them so long to fix any of these problems. I have seen people complaining about this for weeks. When I see problems at other sites I visit or shop and there is a problem they seem to be able to take care of them much quicker (like a couple of days but often much less) but here is seems to take forever. Why is that? I am not trying to be snarky but asking a honest question. I am not super computer savvy so is there a reason a company as large as QVC takes so long to get these problems worked out?

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

Re: security issue

[ Edited ]

Well, this AM when I logged onto the forums I was NOT taken to my account info using IE, BUT every thread I click on today has the message, "Only secure content is displayed" with an option to "Click to show all content".

I also got that same message when I clicked 'Reply' to type this post.

ETA: from Microsoft re: the above message:

"This message is telling you that there may be both secure and non-secure content on the page. Secure and non-secure content, or mixed content, means that a webpage is trying to display elements using both secure (HTTPS/SSL) and non-secure (HTTP) web server connections. This often happens with online stores or financial sites that display images, banners, or scripts that are coming from a server that is not secured. The risk of displaying mixed content is that a non-secure webpage or script might be able to access information from the secure content."

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2625928/-only-secure-content-is-displayed-notification-in-i...

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Just paid off a couple of ezpays and removed my CC# from this site.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

When you log in, you're only taken to the account you signed into, so it's not like you log in and see somebody else's personal information.

Granted, it's different and there are probably some 20 threads about it here now.  But it might be on purpose, on their part, to try and sell product (which is their purpose, so I can't really begrudge them that).

OTOH, the board moderators here have said over and over that they are working on it, so maybe it will change back or some version of that.

@chickenbutt - Oh yeah, they're working on it alright.  They fixed it so my previously working bookmarked login link now functions exactly like the log-in on the forum page which everyone has been complaining about.  They need to quit pretending this is a glitch and admit it's doing what they want.

From my personal perspective, linking the forum and the purchasing side like this is risky as all get out.  I've seen nothing in my years of participating on this forum and using this web-site to demonstrate that the web designers and support on this site are only marginally competent.  I find their inability to be open and honest when issues such as this arise increases the fear factor of the participants here.

I cannot fathom what the rationale would be to take the person logging in to their order status screen.  Do they really think that those who do not regularly purchase from QVC are going to somehow suddenly feel bad about ti and start purchasing?  Heck, would make more sense, if they want to encourage shopping, to take us to the recently aired items screen!

All this just looks like more bumbling, poor planning and execution.  Something that is the trademark of QVC web department/contractor.

Respected Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

https://developers.google.com/web/updates/2016/10/avoid-not-secure-warn

It doesn't necessarily mean that the site isn't secure, but rather that the software isn't configured the way Chrome wants it to be. It might be insecure, but it also might just be that QVC's IT Dept is going to take their time getting around to changing things...or not.

Almost every site involved in commerce takes pains to be sure that all aspects of their website are compatible with IE, Edge (IE's replacement), Safari, Chrome and Firefox.  QVC never has; it's as if IE and Safari should be enough for everyone. It's been a continuing attitude.

I'm sure @dooBdoo can explain the link in English ;-) 

I get the gist of it.

You're right, when I was in web-design we had to ensure that our site was usable by everyone regardless of browser.  While it may look different from browser to browser because of how it handles the code, it should be totally functional and user friendly on all platforms.  Before I retired, that often meant we couldn't employ the latest "eye-candy" because it only worked on the 2 biggie browsers.  You're also right that QVC has never cared, and heck, it doesn't even always work right on IE (edge in WIN10) or safari.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Hi @KingstonsMom : ) I deleted my cc info the other day.  I don't know what is going on, but it does not inspire confidence in a secure site.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

IF someone knows your password to log on here, then yes, they could see your account information.

No one knows my password for here (or anyplace), except for me, and me alone.

@Plaid Pants2 

No one knows your password but if you login to a site that is not secure hackers I'm sure can see what it is plus your cc info.

Correct, @Nightowlz. The security settings on the shopping cart do not kick in until after you enter your password. The padlock doesn't show up on the forums at all and uses the same user ID and password.

That's a problem.

Honored Contributor

Re: security issue

[ Edited ]

I'm using Opera as my browser and when visiting the forum pages, I'm now getting a "Content Blocked" (meaning insecure content) notification at the top of my page. It was happening a few days ago too and stopped, but is now back again. When using Chrome and 'inspecting the site', I'm told the page isn't secure and when I look what that means, among the notations is: "We suggest that you don't enter sensitive details, like passwords or credit cards.". They haven't resolved a darned thing. Yet one more reason to be DONE with QVC... WHAT is wrong with the people who are ostensibly managing this company...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Moreover, when I go to the 'business' side of the site, although I have to log in to view account information, even once I've done that my browser tells me there are aspects of the site that are not protected. They need to address whatever they're doing (or not doing) with their customers, instead of sitting there silently. It's arrogant and it's disrespectful.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Hi @KingstonsMom : ) I deleted my cc info the other day.  I don't know what is going on, but it does not inspire confidence in a secure site.

@Mj12

Hi MJ!

I hear ya'. I have 99 problems in my life, but I don't intend for safe internet shopping to be one of them, LOL!

I've had a CC hacked twice and it's a real PITA to get it taken care of & wait for new cards!