Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: royal palace holding crisis meeting over meghans dad.

The OP really is not a fan at all of Meghan Markle, we get it. 

Honored Contributor

@JJsMom wrote:

These comments are so ridiculous. How is Harry marrying down? What makes him any better than Meghan? His family is just as, if not more, dysfunctional than Meghan's. Perhaps they bonded over that.

The suggestion that he deserves better or is better because of bloodline is really archaic and, frankly, pretty racist at its root.

@JJsMom  It is not racist.  There was a lot of negative press about William marrying a commoner, Kate, before she was eventually accepted.  And I remember the British press making Kate's mother out to be low class (before Kate and Wm. married) when she was chewing gum at an event that Kate and her parents went to that involved the royals (it might have been at a Trooping the Colour if I remember correctly).   It then came out that Kate' mother had been chewing gum because she was trying to quit smoking and I thought that was awful for the press to have made so much of the gum-chewing being so low class.

Too many people in this forum think that just because some of us posters make negative remarks about Meghan Markle that was are therefore racist.   That is just not the case.  Harry and William dated mostly upper-crust members of the British aristocracy before marrying whom they both married.   Those whom there married are, when viewed in those terms, of a lower class.  That's both Kate and Meghan and has nothing to do with race.

Esteemed Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

No one is blameless in this mess; there are two sides and a reason for the anger and resentment. 

I don't hate Meghan just have an unfavorable opinion of her. While some here seem obsessive fans, ready to attack anyone not sharing their adoration of her even resorting to untruths like the one about me defending Jordan V. I never did, wasn't interested in the Hollaway disappearance much less the person suspected of being responsible for it.

Since when is fairness considered "obsession?" You're entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to your own "facts." Much of what you have said about her is not based in any kind of factual information. And who is Jordan V? 

Esteemed Contributor

@puttypiesmom wrote:

Thomas Markle, Sr has made unforgivable public comments such as he made Megan who she is today including being a duchess... as well as him bringing up Diana's name into the conversation.  That had to be pretty awful for Harry and Megan.  Her father is an old fool and it's obvious where his other kids get their lack of brains.  

Isn't he living in Mexico due to tax evasion? All I have heard about Meghan came from people who grew up with her, teachers, fellow workers, etc. If she's as despicable as some of you would have us believe, were all these people liars? As for those who think Harry married "down" as they put it, the same thing was said about Sarah Ferguson. Harry himself has some things to live down in his past, so what makes him superior to Meghan? I, like you, see the behavior of fools when it comes to Mr. M and his other family. I can understand why her lovely mother divorced him.

Trusted Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

Obviously, Meghan never told Harry about her family, misleading him and he then misleading his family. Had she been honest, her family could have been handled, or, more likely, the Queen would not have approved the marriage. Then Harry could have decided to gave up his title and marry her or give up Meghan.

Her father is hurt and with good reason. I don't believe Meghan ever wanted him at her wedding and neither did her mother. 

I am always AMAZED on QVC, how people are able to KNOW what conversations were held, what he said to her, what SHE did not tell him, how he was mislead...WOW, i wish I had knowledge of these conversations.

I would suspect the royals INVESTIGATED her background to the 10000th degree, I am sure they "knew" but you can never GUESS how far a person would or will GO......... When they want money and deep in their heart dislike you or are JEALOUS of you.

Her father DOES NOT have her best interest at heart and may have never cared for her as an adult. 

It is true, there are parents who DO NOT Like their adult kids and their are many Adult kids who don't care for their parents.

BUT it is always upsetting for this type of situation.  HE is never going to stop, as long as he is getting PAID, he is never going to STOP!!!

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Trusted Contributor

Re: crisis meeting meghans dad.

@Marp wrote:

@chiclet wrote:

Would it be so hard for her to just call him and tell him she is doing well and happy and maybe call once a month and say hello.  I would definitely not say anything that he could use but just a superficial conversation.  I used to call my grandmother when she was alive and just talk about her.  I never wanted to burden her with my problems.  

IMO that would just give him more tabloid fodder.  He would claim she was being forced to keep quiet about how miserable she is.  Right up there with his "pained smile" claim.

I agree, she has to be on guard and EXPECT him to record the entire conversation and with modern technology, whose to say that you can't splice and dice a tapped conversation and apply her response to different questions.

For example..

You ask me...DO I want a cup of coffee....

I say...Yes I do...

then the conversation is sliced and diced...

WHere you hear his voice say.....DO you wish you had not married Harry..

You hear.....Yes I do.....(in Her voice, but that was the response to a totally different questions).

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Respected Contributor

The British press will not let this go they will follow up on any bit of hearsay and interview any member of Meghan's family they can. The BBC and ITV television stations, however, have decided not to continue with the reality shows that were planned, so they say - we will see!

Meghan is - so the papers report - still supposedly coming on an 'unofficial' visit to  New York then L.A. to 'visit family and friends' some time in August.  Good luck with that one!

August is the vacation month for the Royals Queen goes to Balmoral and members of family visit maybe Harry and Meghan will go there instead of U.S.

Hopefully Meghan - if she does visit U.S. will try to sort out this mess but how would you feel about your Father selling phone conversations and yakking to the press.  My opinion ignore them all - let them bleat on - get on with her life.

Honored Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

The British press will not let this go they will follow up on any bit of hearsay and interview any member of Meghan's family they can. The BBC and ITV television stations, however, have decided not to continue with the reality shows that were planned, so they say - we will see!

Meghan is - so the papers report - still supposedly coming on an 'unofficial' visit to  New York then L.A. to 'visit family and friends' some time in August.  Good luck with that one!

August is the vacation month for the Royals Queen goes to Balmoral and members of family visit maybe Harry and Meghan will go there instead of U.S.

Hopefully Meghan - if she does visit U.S. will try to sort out this mess but how would you feel about your Father selling phone conversations and yakking to the press.  My opinion ignore them all - let them bleat on - get on with her life.

@dulwich  I read online (two sources but now I can't remember where I read them) that Meghan's upcoming solo visit to the USA includes visiting her mom but not her father (although plans can always change of course).  The Harry & Meghan visit later on to the USA also does not include visiting her father.  Stay tuned.....

Thanks for your input on this thread.  You are a reliable source for sure!  Talley ho..... Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Nancy Drew wrote:

Other than paying them off or inviting them into the fold to quiet them, there isn’t anything they can do. Free speech and all that. My expert royal advice which I charge a fortune for is :ignore it, the public will move on to something or someone else.

You could NEVER invite the Father or Sister "into the fold"....they would be flapping their mouths 24/7! Making up stuff even more and twisting it up just to be in the papers IMO.

I hate to say this she just needs to cut them each off...no more communication. It is really sad your own parent would act like this but the world is full of headcase parents using whatever they can to harm their own childrens happiness for their own emotional and financial needs.  Disgusting.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JJsMom wrote:

These comments are so ridiculous. How is Harry marrying down? What makes him any better than Meghan? His family is just as, if not more, dysfunctional than Meghan's. Perhaps they bonded over that.

‘...marrying down.’ 

Giggle. So true.

I keep thinking of that scene in Legally Blonde when Warner wanted to break up with Elle to marry a name.  Little Meghan just fell in love with a man...too bad she had to marry a country. 

454466DF-43F2-4217-A32E-1D167FC77EAB.jpeg