Respected Contributor

Re: royal palace holding crisis meeting over meghans dad.

@faeriemoon wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

Maybe she needs to (Meghan) meet with him privately and say "just what do you want, what will make you happy".  If he has any Fatherly love for her at all and would be satisfied with a couple of calls and not tell him anything important just keep it general, so, he doesn't have any ammo to run to the press about maybe that would satisfy him.

Lot of Meghan haters in here and around the world, but, I wish they would just leave her alone. When she gets pregnant I hope she's not under all this stress. Poor woman.

I think she should not even acknowledge that any of them exist.  I'm not sure if the father is as malicious as the others or if he is just a bumbling idiot.

I doubt he isn't aware of what he is doing....I don't think he has true fatherly love for her....he is in a financial mess and he see's her and now the royal family as his way out of it!  

I hope she just pretends they all don't even exist!  It's terrible and I wish it could be different for her but really this so called father has shown his "true" colors and behaviors quite clearly.  He is in it for himself else he wouldn't be talking to any press ever about his daughter.  He loves himself....too much!

Respected Contributor

@Maltichonmom17 wrote:

I really hope that the royal family will  stick to their "Never complain. Never explain." philosophy. Silence is the only option at this point. They need to let the man crash and burn. Nothing good can come of Thomas Markle's childish "acting out". He is engaging in emotional blackmail and it doesn't deserve a response from Meghan, Harry or any of the royal family. He is not to be trusted, he set that precedent himself, and only has himself to blame.  

It's a very sad situation all around. I can't fathom how a father who proclaims to love his daughter could deliberately seek to publicly humiliate and hurt his child that way. It's just beyond the pale. However, if you listen to him talk long enough, it's apparent that it's really all about him. Narcissistic bunch, those Markles. 

Very well said!! ITA!

Honored Contributor

There is a post on FB today asking people to stop calling Meghan bad names and to stop criticizing Her & Harry. Apparently it has grown to phenominal degree and mostly here in the USA. 

The deplorables are at it again.

Respected Contributor

@151949 wrote:

There is a post on FB today asking people to stop calling Meghan bad names and to stop criticizing Her & Harry. Apparently it has grown to phenominal degree and mostly here in the USA. 

Considering the latest news about FB and bots, it doesn't suprise me in the least.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

Who is asking?

As for the looooong list of “Internet-Chosen Punching Bags”,

many people have been dealing with the dislike for years/decades.

Meghan is a newbie waaaaay down on the list.

And as those in the Top#5 do....ignore & buck up, honey. 

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@151949 wrote:

Who is asking?

The palace is asking. 

Apparently you apporove of this behavior.SMH.

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@151949 wrote:

Who is asking?

The palace is asking. 

Apparently you apporove of this behavior.SMH.

I treat everyone the same.

Everyone wakes up & takes a, well, you know....the same.

No one is better than I am.  And I mean no one.

(mic drop)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

@JJsMom wrote:

These comments are so ridiculous. How is Harry marrying down? What makes him any better than Meghan? His family is just as, if not more, dysfunctional than Meghan's. Perhaps they bonded over that.

The suggestion that he deserves better or is better because of bloodline is really archaic and, frankly, pretty racist at its root.

@JJsMom  It is not racist.  There was a lot of negative press about William marrying a commoner, Kate, before she was eventually accepted.  And I remember the British press making Kate's mother out to be low class (before Kate and Wm. married) when she was chewing gum at an event that Kate and her parents went to that involved the royals (it might have been at a Trooping the Colour if I remember correctly).   It then came out that Kate' mother had been chewing gum because she was trying to quit smoking and I thought that was awful for the press to have made so much of the gum-chewing being so low class.

Too many people in this forum think that just because some of us posters make negative remarks about Meghan Markle that was are therefore racist.   That is just not the case.  Harry and William dated mostly upper-crust members of the British aristocracy before marrying whom they both married.   Those whom there married are, when viewed in those terms, of a lower class.  That's both Kate and Meghan and has nothing to do with race.

Exactly @Pearlee and well said. Consistently playing 'the race card' when folks choose not to fall at Markle's feet is just somewhat lazy, if predictable. It's an emotional assumption and not necessarily a rational argument. I'd also note that while Kate did take her licks, it was probably easier for those doing the evaluating to 'forgive' her lack of pedigree because she is British, she wasn't an actress, she'd never been married and while her family wasn't 'titled' they were considered to be respectable and tended to act respectably... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@JJsMom wrote:

These comments are so ridiculous. How is Harry marrying down? What makes him any better than Meghan? His family is just as, if not more, dysfunctional than Meghan's. Perhaps they bonded over that.

@JJsMom

‘...marrying down.’ 

Giggle. So true.

I keep thinking of that scene in Legally Blonde when Warner wanted to break up with Elle to marry a name.  Little Meghan just fell in love with a man...too bad she had to marry a country. 

7408AECB-27CE-4877-9DF9-6EE8DF68A3CB.jpeg

@sidsmom

One of my all time favorite movies!

Respected Contributor

@tsavorite wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

Maybe she needs to (Meghan) meet with him privately and say "just what do you want, what will make you happy".  If he has any Fatherly love for her at all and would be satisfied with a couple of calls and not tell him anything important just keep it general, so, he doesn't have any ammo to run to the press about maybe that would satisfy him.

Lot of Meghan haters in here and around the world, but, I wish they would just leave her alone. When she gets pregnant I hope she's not under all this stress. Poor woman.

I think she should not even acknowledge that any of them exist.  I'm not sure if the father is as malicious as the others or if he is just a bumbling idiot.

I doubt he isn't aware of what he is doing....I don't think he has true fatherly love for her....he is in a financial mess and he see's her and now the royal family as his way out of it!  

I hope she just pretends they all don't even exist!  It's terrible and I wish it could be different for her but really this so called father has shown his "true" colors and behaviors quite clearly.  He is in it for himself else he wouldn't be talking to any press ever about his daughter.  He loves himself....too much!

She's been making money for quite awhile now and is wealthy in her own right. If Thomas Markle was after her money, he's had several years to do it. I don't believe his motive is financial. I think  he may be desperate to communicate with his daughter, but going about it the wrong way. Actually, I believe the entire story is blown out of proportion tabloid click-bait.