Respected Contributor
I went thru a terrible messy divorce. I lost everything, my home my kids and my self. I was a homemaker for 16 years married for 20. I have an 8 year old son and my ex has full custody. I have not seen him since may. I have been renting a room for the last 2 years. I don't work my skills are obsolete. I'm not a self starter type and have always had someone take care of me. I.E. ex husband. The last month I feel more desperate scared afraid you name it. I'm in therepy which helps but I can't shake this. I know what I should do like go back to school but its like I'm terrified of that. I don't have a good support system from my family. My other two children refuse to talk to me still even tho its been 2 years. I regret everything I did-- wanting the divorce. Its worse now not having my family then when I had them. Anyone go thru this
Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Respected Contributor

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Esteemed Contributor

Re: rock bottom

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I'm not a doctor but you appear to be depressed.  Have you told your therapist what you've shared here?  If not, print it out and show it to him/her.  

You may need to see a Doctor/Psychiatrist in addition to seeing your therapist. 

I wish you the best!

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor
hsawaknow, I have never been in your shoes. I can relate to isolation from family, but I've worked since I was 18. I'm very sorry for your current situation.

For any posters after me, please be kind. She's hurting right now and vulnerable.
There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor
No but I am so sorry you're going through this.

Try looking for a Women's Center or group that offers skills and help for others in your situation.

I wish you the very best of luck.
Valued Contributor

I think it would be in your best interest to talk to your therapist about this entire topic.  It is not that no one cares, but I doubt anyone here can help you in any manner without spending time with you to hear the entire story.

With that said, I am sure most here are willing to support you in your new journey and look forward to some posts of progress made.

You do have the correct attitude to succeed!  Good Luck and don't give up.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

(((@hsawaknow)))  I haven't experienced this, but I do know what it's like to have clinical depression and anxiety.  There are support groups in most locales for a variety of things -- have you looked for those?  Have you considered volunteering somewhere?  Giving to others is such a good way to remind ourselves that we're not alone in this world.   Isolation isn't a good thing over an extended period of time and it can even make things seem worse than they are.   It's wonderful you have a therapist.  What has sh/e suggested you do?

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I remember reading your post before about this situation. I don't have any profound wise words, but hang in there.  If this is the worst, it can only get better right?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hsawaknow wrote:
I wentthru a terrible messy divorce. I lost everything, my home my kids and my self. I was a homemaker for 16 years married for 20. I have an 8 year old son and my ex has full custody. I have not seen him since may. I have been renting a room for the last 2 years. I don't work my skills are obsolete. I'm not a self starter type and have always had someone take care of me. I.E. ex husband. The last month I feel more desperate scared afraid you name it. I'm intherepy which helps but I can't shake this. I know what I should do like go back to school but its like I'm terrified of that. I don't have a good support system from my family. My other two children refuse to talk to me still even tho its been 2 years. I regret everything I did-- wanting the divorce. Its worse now not having my family then when I had them. Anyone gothru this

I'm so sorry you are going through this. It's good that you are reaching out. 

Can you reach out to your Dr or perhaps a counselor? Sometimes people need both medication and counseling. 

Everyone needs a support system. Sometimes we have to be more proactive in creating one.

God speed and good wishes to you.

"Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness". (Isaiah 41:10)

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

(((hsawaknow)))  I am sorry you are in so much pain.

Are there any divorce support groups in your town?