Respected Contributor

I was at the donut shop this am getting my favorite donut ( Apple fritter) and a donut hole (didn't need either one). I stepped up to the counter to pay the 1.94 the cashier said I owed when a young man who had been sitting in the donut shop walked up and handed the cashier a $10 bill as a pulled my money from my wallet. The cashier reached for his money and said what is this for ? He said the 1.94. I was floored !  He was paying it forward. I have never had this type of thing done ever. I certainly thanked him and said God Bless. This is what we need more of, people being nice and blessing others when you can. . He made my day so I just wanted to share . 

Honored Contributor

Nice story, and a nice guy

Esteemed Contributor

Woman Happy

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Esteemed Contributor

I've never had it happen to me, but I do it frequently. 

At work when they order out and it's $3 per person I'll pay for the next three or hand over the balance of my gift card to the person behind me.  It's fun!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Paying it forward

[ Edited ]

@Goodie2shoes, thanks for sharing that story!  I'm not a fan of posting about what we, ourselves, have done (we've had some long discussions about that on the forums) but I love reading about the good works we've received or we've seen others performing.  Thanks, again!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Valued Contributor

Re: Paying it forward

[ Edited ]

I really like that the concept of Pay it Forward is going strong.  We do it at least once a week at a drive through when we get to the window. We pay for the car behind us.  Great feeling and I have been told when I returned to a few of the food chains that the people we bought the food for were in tears.  We never know what people are going through but even if they are having a great day, it does not hurt to make it a better one. Of course, I have asked the cashier how much the bill was for the vehicle behind me and they have had 6 orders which of course I had to pass on it.   I wish we could pay for the cars ahead of us.  They are the ones we are able to overhear asking how much each item is and ensuring they have enough $$.  Been there and will probably be again ....makes one realize those of us with a dollar in our pockets are very lucky.

Honored Contributor

Keep the kindness chain going.  :cathappy:

Valued Contributor

If we can't love one another here in the US, we will never have WORLD PEACE.  

Honored Contributor

@INDIANA BONES wrote:

I really like that the concept of Pay it Forward is going strong.  We do it at least once a week at a drive through when we get to the window. We pay for the car behind us.  Great feeling and I have been told when I returned to a few of the food chains that the people we bought the food for were in tears.  We never know what people are going through but even if they are having a great day, it does not hurt to make it a better one. Of course, I have asked the cashier how much the bill was for the vehicle behind me and they have had 6 orders which of course I had to pass on it.   I wish we could pay for the cars ahead of us.  They are the ones we are able to overhear asking how much each item is and ensuring they have enough $$.  Been there and will probably be again ....makes one realize those of us with a dollar in our pockets are very lucky.

ITA, and know from much experience..

Bless you and your family, sweetie. :heart:

Respected Contributor

Was at breakfast one Sunday after church with DH and a couple other ladies. When we were done, our server came over and said a young man had paid our tab. How nice was that?