Honored Contributor

"this and that" phrase I'm tired of.

Trying to get my husband to stop saying that.  It drives me up the wall.  Short drive.  But details on what that refers to would be more helpful.  Don't know if he can't think of the words he wants, but it's usually not enough info to understand what he's talking about.

Getting old is such fun.  Yes, I've asked him to not use the phrase, but now and then it pops up.

Do you have one you've heard that you find isn't helpful when trying to listen and understand something?

Honored Contributor

Re: "this and that" phrase I'm tired of.

[ Edited ]

I'll be back SOON

I'll take care of that SOON

I'll decide SOON

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good time for me to ask. What does "Pulled together" mean? They use it a lot with fashion shows.

qualitygal I have never heard of the phrase "This and That" Now that you wrote it I will hear it.

My dad used to say that they were "Just speculating" heard it all the time from him

Honored Contributor

When someone replies " whatever, " I could scream.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@BostonMommy    Just yesterday I stopped at the local shop from which I buy most of my everyday clothes.  I want either a tan or green pant exactly like the white pant I bought just recently.  I came home with a bright tourguoise pant!  

I put it on a hanger and went through my closet and dresser and pulled together tops, blouses and even a jacket to make outfits.

Honored Contributor

Well my husband pronounces certain street names incorreclty, and when I correct him I get "sorry."  He continues to do it.  

There are others but list would be too long.  BUT, one thing he does is interrupt me mid-sentence and tells me "wait" and speaks his mind.  Or he will finish my sentences for me.  Woman Frustrated

Esteemed Contributor

the  phrase " what not "   or " At the end of the day " .

Years ago  when  I  had someone reply to me " Whatever " , eventually  the  " whatever situation did occur to that person and it ended up being a near catastrophe .  That person needed my help  . I haven't heard a " whatever " phrase from that [erson since. 

Esteemed Contributor

My youngest sister used to say "so forth and such."  I once asked her what the heck does that mean?  She had no real answer and thankfully stopped saying it. 

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Valued Contributor

"It is what it is". Ugh!   I hate that!

Esteemed Contributor

six of one, half dozen of the other.........seriously??