Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

@hopi wrote:

@ShowMe wrote:

@hopi wrote:

It is not a person recommending these items, it's a computer that does algorithms from the hits you make on Q pages.

I figured it was done by computer.....but none of the things on there this morning were things that I hit on the Q page.  I didn't hit anything on there this morning.  Just looked.....lol

@ShowMe

You are tracked, tagged and all data kept for all ages - even the NSA knows what you look atWoman LOL

Oh my yes, the first time I saw this I said to myself,"Big Brother is watching". LOL Although it's really not a laughing matter, but the cat is out of the bag so to speak.

Any time we turn on our computer, they (NSA) know where we are......  That's why we have to be so careful what we say to folks......even in our e-mails.  Heck, even Puttin knows what we are doing......lol

Trusted Contributor

@ShowMe wrote:

.....and oh my gosh......the person that does this task just doesn't know what I like and what I would purchase. 

You do realize there is no person doing this?  It is simply a computer algorithm which places these suggestions based on your browing and purchase history.

I usually ignore them.

Honored Contributor

@KYToby wrote:

@ShowMe wrote:

.....and oh my gosh......the person that does this task just doesn't know what I like and what I would purchase. 

You do realize there is no person doing this?  It is simply a computer algorithm which places these suggestions based on your browing and purchase history.

I usually ignore them.

Yes.......I know this.  But, the computer doesn't really know I have never purchased any of them.....because I haven't purchased one thing they recommended for me today......  Not a very smart computer......

Honored Contributor

I get equally ridiculous recommendations from Amazon, which partly bases its recommendations not only on what *I* have bought or looked at, but on what others who have bought what I bought have also bought. If someone bought Poems of Rumi (for example) and a chainsaw, they recommend the chainsaw to me.

All of these algorithm "tools" are a useless joke IMO.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Sometimes on amazon I have been led to better choices, however, if I just look at something because I'm curious, I don't want to see it for a year and sometimes they can't be deleated!