Esteemed Contributor

When I retired I gave up all of the Home Shopping Networks except for these Forums.  Looking at the new "Q" I realized I liked the old one better.  I actually liked their entire web page a lot more than the new one.  The new "Q" is too small and I have no doubt they approved it for whatever reason so I guess what we think won't matter. Woman Sad

Forgive me for changing the subject but recently someone mentioned Antonella's hair so I clicked on Judith Ripka's jewelry site to check it out.  I love her new short hair, she looks fabulous.  As for Judith, well, I will be honest in saying I wish she had chosen to grow old gracefully rather than have her face look so plastic and fake.  It is a shame that her surgeon's didn't give her a softer look.

I know all of us are entitled to our opinion so if you don't agree with mine, please just move on.  I really, really hate nasty, mean comments. Heart

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
New Contributor

Re: "Q" Has A New Logo

[ Edited ]

Just noticed the change today and only because I thought the new logo was the search icon.    Not really memorable and what happens to Quality, Value, Convenience.  Now just "Q"  what does that stand for.  Also not liking the new information price screen on TV.  Actually changed channels and came back to the screen as I thought my TV provider channel was having a problem.  Doesn't Marshall's have an in-store boutique called "The Cube"?  Cube or Q could be confusing.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

You know, I honestly don't care that they changed their logo... I saw it when they unveiled it and didn't think much of it, but I have to say, after looking at that wimpy ill-formed Q in a box now for about a week, I think it's really pretty lame... I wonder what they paid to come up with that...

@stevieb,  I had the same reaction as yours.

I would add that I wonder if the same company designed the Qurate logos...

Qurate logo

Qurate Retail Group

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@sunala wrote:

I don't care if the Q has a box around it and what they do to their logo. 

However, I recently noticed that I couldn't read the print on the name of the item they were selling. I had to get up and get closer to the television to see it. I thought it was my eyes, and now I'm happy to know it's their stupid new way of making us think we're going blind. I didn't buy the item just because. 

Who runs this operation anyway? Donald Duck? 

@sunala  Well, if not him, then some other quack!   LOL!

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

it does resemble the "power off" icon on a computer.  Seems like that would be an association they'd want to avoid.  Shows what I know!

qvc.JPGoff.png

@ValuSkr  Thanks for this post.  I knew it looked familiar but couldn't quite place it!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dooBdoo

This was on my Google page all day...

https://www.underconsideration.com/brandnew/archives/new_logo_and_identity_for_qvc_by_moxie_and_in_h...

@dooBdoo

Leaves me wondering “Who is Moxie?”

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Well at least they haven followed Evine changed their name and logo multiple times over the years.  

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@dooBdoo

This was on my Google page all day...

https://www.underconsideration.com/brandnew/archives/new_logo_and_identity_for_qvc_by_moxie_and_in_h...

Thanks, @LTT1!  Interesting opinions there (and interesting website, too).   I like your new nickname, and your avatar is adorable!❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Contributor

@aroc3435 wrote:

@I am still oxox  Yes, you have a good eye.  I agree.  The Q looks anemic.  And the price paid for a new corporate logo is usually unbelieveable.  Wonder which firm did the new design.

Expensive no doubt. Jmho but I think it's plain and weak.

Visitor
For me, for some reason, it's really annoying to look at on their emails. And are they dropping the VC?