Esteemed Contributor

Would You Choose Same Career/Job....

if you could do your life over?  A resounding no here. I would have gotten into some facet of forensic work. I have always like crime novels,the 20/20 programs. Bringing closure to families of crime would be very rewarding. 

I was lucky enough to get to know a criminal profiler, and we would spend time discussing different murder cases.  He did the profile of John List (killed his whole family) who was caught 18 years after the murders.

Someone I went to school with worked in a crime lab (a csi).  She said when she testified and they got a conviction,the families thanking her was the best part.

I'm the only person I know that would love to see the research facility in Tennessee known as The Body Farm.

QVC Customer Care

Re: Would You Choose Same Career/Job....

Honored Contributor

If I had to do it all over again, upon graduating from college, I would have pursued a commission in the Air Force.  My dad wanted me to do that back then, but I didn't. 

Respected Contributor

No, when I entered the work force, there were "certain" jobs specifically targeted for women and I could not afford the kind of thorough college education to make the choice of what I would have preferred to do with my life.   Women's careers were not that important when I was young!

Respected Contributor

I can relate in law school while studying criminal law we visited the Kings County Morgue, I found it fascinating. A big burly guy fainted the ME said that always happens. 

The smell is the worst. I’ve heard detectives use a bit of Vick’s vapor rub under the nose.

Respected Contributor

Probably not. 

When I was considering colleges, they had just started admitting women to the service academies. I started to pursue an appointment, with the idea that I wanted to fly fighter jets. It was made clear that while I might be choosen to learn to fly, women were not allowed (at the time) in combat aircraft, so I dropped it. I ended up majoring in business/finance elsewhere. I had a great career and loved what I did, but in today's environment, I would've continued to pursue flying fighters. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

Ben Stein said that when he considered careers he looked for something that would allow him to bring his dog to work.

Ben Stein

If only I had thought of that when I was 17.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

if you could do your life over?  A resounding no here. I would have gotten into some facet of forensic work. I have always like crime novels,the 20/20 programs. Bringing closure to families of crime would be very rewarding. 

I was lucky enough to get to know a criminal profiler, and we would spend time discussing different murder cases.  He did the profile of John List (killed his whole family) who was caught 18 years after the murders.

Someone I went to school with worked in a crime lab (a csi).  She said when she testified and they got a conviction,the families thanking her was the best part.

I'm the only person I know that would love to see the research facility in Tennessee known as The Body Farm.

@CrazyKittyLvr2 .  If I wasn't already donating my body to a teaching hospital, I would donate to the body farm. That place fascinates me. 

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio GalI was in exactly the same position!  My father had worked at the Brooklyn Navy Yard and when I graduated from college I thought about going into the Air Force.  Took the written exam and was scheduled to take a physical.  My father was all for it--thought it was a great idea--but I didn't want to commit 3-4 years of my life to something I was unsure about.  In retrospect I should have listened to dear old dad!

Esteemed Contributor

I would have pursued a career in Social Work, specifically working with ill and/or elderly people.