Respected Contributor

I am not interested in trying to "fix" QVC or any other retailer.  

If they do not offer what I want to buy or offer poor service I just shop elsewhere.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

I think a lot of the complaints are justified. People have shopped here for years and can remember things operating more smoothly and efficiently in prior years. It's not a crime to have a wish for things to work like they did in years past. 

Esteemed Contributor

For whatever reason, Q seems more personal to some.  Not sure if is the hosts or the watching.

Personally I don't think they care as long as they sell.

Honored Contributor

@santorini wrote:

I think a lot of the complaints are justified. People have shopped here for years and can remember things operating more smoothly and efficiently in prior years. It's not a crime to have a wish for things to work like they did in years past. 

I wish this for many things other than QVC, too!

Contributor

It was never as bad as it is now.  Clowns like Shawn with her horrible hair and glasses is an instant dislike.  Other hosts have such horrible voices.

QVC was so professional and everyone looked nice and neat.  Some of the hosts look like they haven't showered for weeks.

Since it's my choice, I no longer watch or buy like I used to.  I started with QVC in 1985 but now I've outgrown their service and not so much VALUE!

QVC Customer Care
Respected Contributor

I've been frustrated too by the length of time it takes to get my item in the mail. I don't order anything that I'll need within a two-week window. It would be helpful if they were more transparent when it comes to what stock is actually available vs. what is anticipated so that buyers have realistic expectations. That would allow customers to decide if seasonal purchases will arrive when needed. Constant frustration dealing with an online retailer is a dealbreaker for me. While being transparent on stock availability wouldn't  "fix" their processing time, it would reduce customer frustration.

Their supply chain is another issue--it's in disarray because the vast majority of their merchandise is imported. No amount of suggestions on my part will change cargo shipping issues that are global in proportion.

And while I don't care for their hard sell approach and reliance on chit chat and catch phrases yelled (especially on Friday) at me, their selling techniques have evolved based on research to cater to the widest audience possible. Perfect enunciation, power suits, and conservative eyeglass readers are not high on their list of host attributes for 2021 because the hosts' sales numbers are what matters. If one dislikes story time or the happy dance or a host's quirky appearance, tough luck, because the sales spike when this happens. 

Honored Contributor

If Macys or Neiman Marcus had forums, you can bet your boots people would be on there trying to fix them.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

other than the shipping (which is terrible everywhere pretty much) nothing needs fixing to me. i am able to find plenty of things at qvc.....sometimes too many things. lol

@sunshine45 the stores and places I shop, have no shipment issues.  Honestly.  I'm an avid online shopper way before covid....I see no changes in their shipments.  I've also added a new retailer for getting pantry goods and get shipment within two days on items from Walmart.  No membership fees either.  They do have a membership scheme but it wouldn't work for me because I can't pick up grocery as there is no Walmart in my community.

Amazon is different though.  I'm a prime member and most of the things I order from them don't come two days.  Amazon has its members choose the days of the week they want their orders delivered: it's called your prime days (you can choose two).  

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

@Shepherdlover 

It is NOT necessary to use personal attacks on a host or anyone for that matter to get your point across.  Low blows and unkind.