Honored Contributor

@shortbreadlover  There is too much information not known.  If they were suspected of selling drugs when your neighbor was alive then that should have been reported including car license #s, etc.  You may just call them lowlife because of how they look and appear to you so therefore you automatically think they must be selling drugs!  I agree with many that it is none of your business whether you think they should be out or not - you are not the person responsible for the property and don't know if they were evicted - but if suspected drug deals are obvious then report that.

Honored Contributor

Re: problems next door

[ Edited ]

@Icegoddess - maybe they decided to walk away because of debt.  If, as one other poster stated, they were inside you would be able to smell it after 2 months.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

I have a different situation with my neighbors.  They have disappeared.  They've been gone for 2 months now.  Even the power company has come and cut off their power.  They left everything behind including 2 perfectly good cars (one of them a BMW).  One of my other neighbors thinks we should contact somebody about the situation, but I don't know who we would contact or what we would say.

Sounds like an ID "Disappeared" episode. Smiley Very Happy

You can call the police & ask them to do a "welfare check."

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Just another comment on OP's post which I didn't mean to hijack.  I don't know where this is, but I do know in some states eviction can be quite difficult even if the people living there aren't paying their rent.  My husband went through that after renting his father's house in FL after his death.  They ended up being dead-beat, but it took months for him to get them out of the house.

Respected Contributor

Please be aware there are two totally different issues in this thread being discussed.  I know some people don't read all the posts.

One from shortbreadlover regarding her neighbor who has passed away and others living in the home and the one wrote  by Icegoddess about her neighbors suddenly leaving 2 months ago leaving their cars parked in the driveway.

Trusted Contributor

@shortbreadlover wrote:

my neighbor passed away abut a month agao.  she had real lowlife peple living with her.  they had until today to get out of the house.  so far, they have made no attempt to move out.  they were selling drugs and all kinds of crazy stuff.

if they are nt out in the morning, i am going to call the plce and complain that there a squatters in the home.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok but DO be very, very careful. Don't let the cops tell these people who reported them (I had to make sure of that, once, because if I hadn't told the cops,not to, they would have told my obstreperous neighbors who it was that ratted them out).

DON'T, please don't, confront them face to face or in any other way. People can be very dangerous so please take care. If they start complaining to you, take a very, "oh, that's too bad" attitude and don't go any farther than that.

Am I paranoid? You bet!

Regular Contributor

You can do nothing.  The police can do nothing.  We had an abandoned home next to us for 2 1/2 years.  It is a strong middle class neighborhood.  Two generation Xers owned the home and one of them was transferred to another city.  So they left and let the bank foreclose.  Finally an out of state man bought the home and many nightmares have continued, mowing the lawn every 6 weeks, letting garbage pile up, ice and snow on the sidewalk for days, and three constantly barking mutts that as far as anyone knows have never gone for walks.  The postman says the front stoop by the mail box reeks of pee  The city and the police do nothing.  Get used to it.

Honored Contributor

I have a neighbor who owns her home and had a tenant she wanted out. Well the tenant didn’t want to leave and wasn’t even paying the rent. My neighbor had to hire a lawyer and it took forever to get the tenant out. It seems that the laws favor the tenants over the landlords. It could be these people aren’t leaving and whom ever is in charge of the estate has a fight on their hands.

Trusted Contributor

the woman's daugher who now owns the house  told   the bank to take it back.  she did not want it.  they gave these people until today to get out.  and i know they have  stolen from me and other people in the neighborhood.they have cars that are        hidden from  a title company.  they are just bad news all the way around.  i never said or did anything because my neighbor was very ill and i did not want to cause her any added stress.  the guy that was staying           here had woman come and go at all hours/.

they let my neighbor's blind dog out and forgot about him.  he fell into the pond and drown the other dog was let ut and he got and was killed on the road.

i am hoping that the bank will frce their hand out.

Honored Contributor

It might be safer for you to talk to an attorney, if you are afraid of these people. They will know what can be done legally