Honored Contributor

The problem with hoarding has become worse.  Amazon Fresh (Amazon's version of a supermarket delivered) normally has more food then supermarket.  But increased free membership, plus the problem of wholesalers moving products out under demand has  created problems in having food and other other products low on the shelf.  Last week I was able to order, but had to go to a local supermarket to get certain things.  And struck out in getting some toiletries. I guess I will have to do this again. 

Honored Contributor

Re: problems at Amazon Fresh

@songbird wrote:

The problem with hoarding has become worse.  Amazon Fresh (Amazon's version of a supermarket delivered) normally has more food then supermarket.  But increased free membership, plus the problem of wholesalers moving products out under demand has  created problems in having food and other other products low on the shelf.  Last week I was able to order, but had to go to a local supermarket to get certain things.  And struck out in getting some toiletries. I guess I will have to do this again. 

I think all supermarkets shoul have a limit on certain items, it is just not fair when a few greedy people " clean the shelves ."

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

For elderly people who are shut in especially now, free food delivery is god send.  For others, it's a great deal to have your groceries delivered to your door. I will continue to order through them.  For the most part Amazon is doing pretty well with their food division.  Although thinking about it, first with working from home, free food deliveries.....It's like the only time I stick my head out the door is to pick up mail!

Esteemed Contributor

Amen @QVCkitty1 it has to be done, so all of us have a chance to get what we need. The greed we are seeing is disgusting. There is no doubt there is a public health crisis, but the public is turning this into a food, and every day necessity crisis. When people walk in a store to bare shelves it creates a hysteria. Everyone should be buying what they need just as they normally do, and  maybe adding a few non perishables.

Honored Contributor

Peiple who order groceries delivered are likely to be in for a big surprise the next time they order.  The stores have nothing, not even items you'd think would not be in demand like dish soap.  This is probably the time when you'll clean out your pantry.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@manny2 wrote:

Amen @QVCkitty1 it has to be done, so all of us have a chance to get what we need. The greed we are seeing is disgusting. There is no doubt there is a public health crisis, but the public is turning this into a food, and every day necessity crisis. When people walk in a store to bare shelves it creates a hysteria. Everyone should be buying what they need just as they normally do, and  maybe adding a few non perishables.

@manny2 

Everyone should be buying what they need just as they normally do

You said exactly what our grocery store chain said....as they announced shorter hours to give them time to stock and clean....and they added just do this and there's plenty of groceries for everyone....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Peiple who order groceries delivered are likely to be in for a big surprise the next time they order.  The stores have nothing, not even items you'd think would not be in demand like dish soap.  This is probably the time when you'll clean out your pantry.

@Kachina624 

Well our grocery stores have shortened hours to stock...But the delivery services have been impacted..... My sis tried to order delivery through Shipt, but the earliest date was Saturday March 21st....but with Instacart it was Tuesday 17th but they cautioned they will do their best to fill your order, but some items may not be in stock....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

@songbird 

Try Instacart or Shipt delivery in your area....in many cities they offer delivery from a bigger variety of stores....

Well welcome to the grocery business Amazon you opened that door ..........as the song goes..."how you like it now".......maybe they should have stayed in their own little corner of retail.....(I'm not an Amazon fan)

Honored Contributor

I ordered yesterday from Amazon Whole Foods and they were able to fill more than 75% of my order. They had run out of chicken, though. The delivery window was full but I checked again and they had an 8 to 10 PM delivery open so I jumped on it.

I placed another order from Amazon Fresh last Wednesday that is coming today. Since I am high risk I am so fortunate to be able to use these services..

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt wrote:

@songbird wrote:

@songbird 

Try Instacart or Shipt delivery in your area....in many cities they offer delivery from a bigger variety of stores....

Well welcome to the grocery business Amazon you opened that door ..........as the song goes..."how you like it now".......maybe they should have stayed in their own little corner of retail.....(I'm not an Amazon fan)

_____

I hear you!  I will say I had to order a Vick's 8 second thermometer though them because no stores had it in my area.  Amazon came through for me in this case!