Honored Contributor

Possible reopening starting April 23, remote learning to start next week

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

What sad times we now live in. Hopefully we can get back to "normal"and soon.

Honored Contributor

He finally caved, huh?  The teachers flat out refused to show up.  I was wondering when he'd give it up.

Honored Contributor
CNN

Public schools in New York City and Nassau, Suffolk and Westchester counties will close this week to limit the spread of coronavirus, Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced in a news release Sunday.

Schools in Nassau, Suffolk and Westchester counties will close for two weeks beginning on Monday, Cuomo said. New York City schools will close early this week, but no date has yet been set. Nassau and Suffolk counties are on Long Island while Westchester County is just north of New York City.

New York City officials must develop a plan within the next 24 hours to ensure schoolchildren who rely on school meals will continue to receive them. Parents, especially those who are health care workers or first responders, will be provided access to childcare as needed, Cuomo said.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

Our son is going to be off till some time in April, when presumably there will be an assessment.  Remote learning, etc.  in the meantime.

I'm thinking that they will ultimately decide not to hold classes at all till the fall.  Since we will be experiencing in all likelihood the big "surge" in cases of virus in weeks to come, it makes sense to keep the social distancing going.

Of course, it is dislocating and terribly difficult, but so important in trying to 'flatten' the numbers of infected.

Honored Contributor

NYC is late to the party.  WA state schools instituted this policy a week ago.  At least for my 6 yo granddaughter's school, there is no remote learning.  My DIL has purchased a variety of workbooks.

Honored Contributor

Many school districts are closing, ours are.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

Today South Carolina's governor announced public school closings until the end of March.  Our district will launch e-learning activities tomorrow.  

Praying for the health and safety of all students and their families ❤️

Esteemed Contributor

Guess the threatened sick out forced his hand.

Honored Contributor

I was very proud of my governor who closed our schools last week and was one of the first five states to do so.

He has been showing much leadership, the kind that would be greatly appreciated from those in higher places.