Respected Contributor

Anybody here win anything in last night's powerball drawing? Looks like one winning ticket was purchased in Lonaconing,  Maryland at the Coney market. Someone's really doing a happy dance. 

Esteemed Contributor

Either that, or they are picking themselves off of the floor, from shock.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

@catter70  This store is quite near where my DD lives. It's one of the more economically depressed areas of MD, so I'm happy for them.

Coney Market

Respected Contributor

Maryland Lottery Winners can remain Anonymous.

Wish they would do that in my state. If they win $9000 or more, they post the winner's pics, full names and towns and  they have to say how they'll spend their winnings.

Trusted Contributor

They have a heck of task ahead of them.  Picking a good trusting financial team, a good lawyer, exiting off of all media and shutting their phones off until they can move somewhere different.  Basically disappearing from the grid for awhile.  With that kind of money, it sounds wonderful, but lets face it most of us will never know that kind of money to have to keep track of.  And for someone who really has never had any kind of financial experience dealing with that enormous total  you are wide open for fraud, theft, scams etc...I mean, not that I wouldn't want to try to see if I could deal with it lol but in all seriousness there really is alot to it.  And if you aren't careful the very people you hire, could in fact rip you off pretty quick.  But happy blessings to them, I hope it all works out and they can truly enjoy their amazing windfall.    

Honored Contributor

I had 1 number.  LOL

Fingers crossed for the Mega Millions now. 

Trusted Contributor

@Lipstickdiva  Prayers you hit it!!! oh an please remember I was the first one to Heart your post if you do!  lol  Smiley Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

4.  Woman Frustrated

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~
Contributor

I wish.

Honored Contributor

lonaconing......it is where my great grandmother grew up. she always loved it there.

isnt this nice to hear also?......

The store’s owner said he plans to give some of the money to staff and invest the rest in the building.

The owner tells us he will get $100,000 from the Maryland lottery for selling the ticket. He plans to give some of it to his staff and invest the rest in the building @wjz pic.twitter.com/QvxrjvOejN

— Rachael Cardin (@RachaelCardin) January 21, 2021

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein