Respected Contributor

Just been nearly 48 hours with no electricity due to wind storm and lots of power poles/trees knocked  down plus 4 fires'restarting' in our  mountains and just got power back  and another  storm forecast for next week  -  good start to New Year! But......

Mail just arrived received my first Logo Jean Jacket plus an I.M. Cardigan both of which fit beautifully and made me smile from ear to ear!

Honored Contributor

@dulwich - Wear them in good health!  We all need something to smile about these days, more than ever.

Esteemed Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

Just been nearly 48 hours with no electricity due to wind storm and lots of power poles/trees knocked  down plus 4 fires'restarting' in our  mountains and just got power back  and another  storm forecast for next week  -  good start to New Year! But......

Mail just arrived received my first Logo Jean Jacket plus an I.M. Cardigan both of which fit beautifully and made me smile from ear to ear!

you need a Generac....best investment we ever made!!

Honored Contributor

@nana59 - When we built our house (New England), 19 years ago, I insisted on a separate breaker panel be installed for a Generac generator.  Ours is a portable one, but we've had many power outages not just in the winter, the longest stretch lasting 10 days.  (We're rural and the "last of the last" for restoration.)

This past year we even considered getting an automatic one, but our portable has served us well over the years.  It powers everything essential - the main things being heat and water!  In a NE winter, the temperature in your house drops fast.  Woman Surprised

Esteemed Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@nana59 - When we built our house (New England), 19 years ago, I insisted on a separate breaker panel be installed for a Generac generator.  Ours is a portable one, but we've had many power outages not just in the winter, the longest stretch lasting 10 days.  (We're rural and the "last of the last" for restoration.)

This past year we even considered getting an automatic one, but our portable has served us well over the years.  It powers everything essential - the main things being heat and water!  In a NE winter, the temperature in your house drops fast.  Woman Surprised

i'm a new englander, too....RI.....our Generac has certainly paid for itself! we're also 'last of the last!'  glad you're happy with yours....