Respected Contributor

For fun finish this: Only people who've grown up with siblings understand....

...having a hiding place to stash the last few chocolate chip cookies. 

I have 4 brothers and a sis. Smiley LOL

Please share your strategies, experiences or funny stories of growing up with siblings.  

Honored Contributor

Re: For fun finish this: Only people who've grown up with siblings understand....

.......how wonderful it is to have your own room!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

Re: For fun finish this: Only people who've grown up with siblings understand....

I grew up with 6 younger siblings (no multiples and the youngest is slightly under 11 yrs younger than I0). You learn to find a way to have some private time to yourself and know how to call dibs on the last item that everyone likes to eat.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

That the first one up is the best one dressed. Kudos for my Great Aunt May for coming up with this funny saying. 

Super Contributor

Dividing 1 bottle of pop (soda) 5 ways.

Honored Contributor

....that the youngest child gets picked on.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

counting your jelly beans that the Easter Bunny left for you.

Respected Contributor

Once in a Blue Moon, my mom would buy a package of Twinkies for my brother and I to share.  We had to "call" who would get the cardboard to lick...apparently, we thought there was some extra "goodness" there!  The simple pleasures!

Valued Contributor

...being chased by an older brother wielding an iron skillet yelling, "I'M GONNA KILL HER!"  Thankfully ma was faster than he was. 

Esteemed Contributor

Making me smile with the memories. I am the youngest and three of us are 4 years apart. Post WW2 babies. 

• When dad bought popsicles, my middle-child sis would - in front of siblings - go through the box, lift paper and lick the flavors she liked the most. Dang. Of course we didn't eat the popsicles she ate. The only ones left were blue (raspberry? who knows) and grape. I rarely ate popsicles as a child. When we told dad she licked the good flavors, she'd put her hands on her hips and say, 'Prove it.' I thought she would grow up to be an attorney.
  • We kids loved green olives. We'd suck out the center pimento, make puppet olives then eat the olives off our fingers. Life was simpler back then. Dad said olives were rich people food so he limited us to 3 a day at dinner. To this day, I think green olives are fancy. 
  • Dad loved to keep a jar of pickled pigs feet in the fridge. Awful, horrible things. Kids would grab the jar and chase each other around snorting like a pig monster. Once again, dad said pigs' feet was fancy food and got upset when we messed with his jar. As I said, simpler times. When we got older, we'd all hide that jar in the back of the fridge when our friends came over.     
"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau