Valued Contributor

I need a track number from middle of January  Getting it will save me from losing 150 dollars  I thought everything was fine so I threw it out  If you work for the post office will you tell me if they can go back and get it  The man I asked said no he cant do that but I didnt believe him

Honored Contributor

@mollymaggie Is this for a QVC item? It's been 3 months! How could you expect a post office to keep a tracking number for **3** months? !!!!

Respected Contributor

@mollymaggie: I don't know all the details, but if you made purchase online, the retailer who sent your order should have the tracking number.  

Respected Contributor

I was going to ask if you insured the package. But after three months, I doubt that insurance would pay for the missing package. 

Respected Contributor

@mollymaggie wrote:

I need a track number from middle of January  Getting it will save me from losing 150 dollars  I thought everything was fine so I threw it out  If you work for the post office will you tell me if they can go back and get it  The man I asked said no he cant do that but I didnt believe him

Did you create your own label and pay for the return shipping yourself?  If you returned the item that way I doubt you could get a tracking number for your return..   How would the post office know what items you have shipped?  They don't keep track of that kind of info.

If you returned your item using QVC's return label there's a chance you can get the tracking number from QVC..

Honored Contributor

Most companies keep a record of what you bought.  I'd begin there and look up the shipping info and go from there.

My tracking receipts live in the floor of my 4 Runner until I hear I have a refund.

Honored Contributor
You can track a pkg IF you used a QVC return label by going to your order status in your account to the item you returned and click "track return label" or some such thing.

However, it doesn't sound like the OP used the Q return label but rather paid her own postage.
Valued Contributor

I dont expect the post office to do this  I just wondered if they could  Thank you all for responding

Honored Contributor

Re: post office

[ Edited ]

I used to work in customer service at a grocery store that included a mini post office.  It's possible to find a tracking number but the postal system only went back 30 days. You would need the address where it was sent and the date it was mailed. You might call your local main post office to see if they are able to go back further.

Esteemed Contributor

Did you print a label from Stamps dot com? If so, go to that site, and go to history - you can go back in time to find your tracking number.