Honored Contributor

Re: please serious,honest answers only ,no bashing please

You have a very ungrateful family. They clearly do not care about you and are using you. Please sell your house and meet with a lawyer and financial planner to get your affairs in order. You are not getting any younger. I am not bashing you, I truly feel very sorry for you because I have seen these types of things happen to others. So sad.

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry-you certainly don't deserve to be treated this way.....time to sell the house so they don't take advantage of you after you're gone.........sad but true....
Respected Contributor

Wow! I hope MalteseMomma stands back and takes a breath here. Do you really want to alienate yourself from everyone at your age? Didn't get invited to a party so sell the house and kick everyone to the curb? Arm chair quarterbacks don't have to live with the repercussions of their words, but you and your actions will. Take a vacation and think this though.

Super Contributor

Maybe it was a younger crowd and they were smoking or doing things they don't want to do in front of you, but they still care for you.

Honored Contributor

D/P

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

p.s. Just a reminder to all of us to not isolate ourselves later on in life. The more friends and acquaintances we have, the better. And never give up control of our finances ahead of time. It makes it too easy for others to become used to our money and/or take advantage. Just sayin'............

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

ok,here is the story my gs wife planned a surprise party for gs 30 birthday. Inviting only their friends. NO FAMILY! .My son and dil (his parents) were invited at the last minute,I guess because they are is parents. My dil nervous that didn't know anyone , asked my daughter to go along .Dil said it was a surprise and don't tell anyone. She did not mean ,"don't tell mom" (,she ment ,don't tell her kids) which my daughter played up as the main thing ,along with "everyone" in the family being there which was not true at all. This all was not true at all, no family was there!

My daughter, took it further than it should have gone when she braggingly told me about it the next day.Saying a lot of stupid things that fueled the fire. Like my son always taking me out for dinner and not her too and stuff like that.Fueling my hurt that I was ignored.Which truthfully is not what happenedShe is jealous of my son taking care of me all the time.(I know I just complained about this but really it is a good thing) She does nothing but moan about how hard her life is. Which is a long story that I'm not getting into now! We fight a lot!!!

We fight a lot,but we love a lot too. All of which I have to add ,wasn't even nessary.If I had known about this I wouldn't have wanted to go anyway.My son's birthday actually was the same thing ,but I think maybe I should have been invited to that one anyway..lol

Anyway if any of you wonderfully helpful people watched the PBS documentary Italians in America. Well that is us. We all live together in very close communities. Family,Cousins,Aunts Uncles ,ect. every house in the close vicinity is related. Generations grow up together and that is why my kids have apts in my house. They are not taking advantage of me by any means. My GS does a lot of heavy work for me ,snow removal,garbage ,ect. Daughter ,well not so much......lol both pay rent, although acheaper than they otherwise would have to. But I also enjoy the security of them being here.

I have spoken to my accountant.I am learning whats what. My son can continue handeling my stuff,along with this guy and me.I will pay more attention.

I do have many friends and I have just retired from a very heave volunteer work load ,so I am not isolated.

I'm too old to really want to sell and move away. I am really happy hear for the over 50 yrs I have been here.I'm not sure I want to move, but I am giving it a thought anyway I can always change my mind. I'll put it in my bucket list

My affairs are in order and have been for 20 yrs since my dh died and anytime I want to check things out I am welcome to do so.

Thank you all for your wonderful advice. I am very well taken care of ,most of the time........lol..............

Maybe I just needed to rant and make things worst than what they are.......I didn't read my first post yet, so it is probably different from how I feel now...lol... It's 7:30 and I have been so busy all day I have not had dinner yet.

So good nite all,and thanks again for your informative replys and good advice.I will reread them many times.

MalteseMomma

p.s I saw a few (lot) of spelling mistakes but I am bleary eyed and cannot find them to correct them ,so I'm sure you all know what I mean. Thanks again ,everyone..{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/16/2015 esmeraldagooch said:

Wow! I hope MalteseMomma stands back and takes a breath here. Do you really want to alienate yourself from everyone at your age? Didn't get invited to a party so sell the house and kick everyone to the curb? Arm chair quarterbacks don't have to live with the repercussions of their words, but you and your actions will. Take a vacation and think this though.

so true, you hit the nail on the head {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor

So happy that all is well........maybe we (I) read and took your O/P wrong. Well, good news is always great news! Wishing you and family well. p.s. It's nice that the family members are still nearby in your neighborhood. Very unusual in some instances. People scattered all across the country, etc. Best wishes always. Smile

Honored Contributor

So glad to read your post and happy you are in touch with all your finances!