Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Rose429 wrote:

@Sooner I also live next to renters with 6 cars on the street, most with expired tags. 2 beat up boats. 7 cats not altered, soon to be more. 2 dogs in the back without shelter that bark a lot. Feel very sorry for them. Gave them water a lot through the fence this summer when they were out. A pool in the back yard with scum green water that I have to see everytime I walk to the kitchen or on my deck. I got so feed up I had a realtor out to talk about selling. She said the mess next door would be a real deterrent to my being able to sell. 

@Rose429  The last time we moved it was because of neighbors in large part and yes, it cost us an yes, it is terrible.  We backed up to another neighborhood and the people to one side down there let their pool turn into a frog pond; we spent a lot of money having bushes trimmed in the yards on both sides; and one was a crazy old man that looked through the fence all the time.

We were lucky because we did have the resources to move but it was far more expensive that it should have been.  I know how stressful living next to lazy jerks is--and believe me I feel for anyone, especially if you can't move out.  

My neighbors did that and I reported them to Code Enforcement, not that CE has a lot of power.  All they can do is fine the homeowner (not necessarily the people living in the home).  It's a health hazard.  

Honored Contributor

@shortbreadlover

Too many inconsistencies in replies by you in your own thread. You lost me!

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

OP-Do you rent or do you own your home? If you rent, why not look for something else? If you own, I would do what a lot on here have recommended and take some action, so this doesn't happen again down the road......If you don't say or do anything about it, nothing can be fixed!

Trusted Contributor

when the owner was well, we got along great.  they were great to live next door to and they keptup the  place and they kept the trees trimmed. ect

when she got ill, it was downhill from there.  she had homeless people move in to help her.  well, they took advantage.  i tried to talk with thembut theywere either highor drunk all the time.

i can't afford to move because i own my home and i can't sell it for what it would cost to buy another one. and rents here terrible.

Trusted Contributor

all i really want is the problems to be sloved and really nice and decent new neighbors .  i don't want problems or to be forced out of my new because of jerks and slum landlords.  even the neighbor on the otherside of this house has had problems.  he was sso happy to see them gone.

Respected Contributor

@shortbreadlover wrote:

all i really want is the problems to be sloved and really nice and decent new neighbors .  i don't want problems or to be forced out of my new because of jerks and slum landlords.  even the neighbor on the otherside of this house has had problems.  he was sso happy to see them gone.

unfortunately, you want things that you have no control over so you are bound to be disappointed. You need to make a plan of action for yourself whether it's taking the advice you've been given or giving in and making the choice to let it bother you or not.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

Re: new problems next door

[ Edited ]

I don't know where you live, but contact the county, city, or town where you are and tell them about the problems. I am not sure why you can't find out the name of the insurance company...but I would pursue that info no matter what. A "for rent" sign just went up in our next-door neighbor's yard, so we are holding our breath. I hope the mess you have next door comes to a fast resolution. Sounds like there are a lot of code violations and the officials should be able to sanction the owner's daughter or the owner to get the problems resolved. She can't sell "as-is" in most areas if nothing is up to code.

Honored Contributor

Interesting neighbohood indeed!   People here say they would never live in an HOA community!  I'll take one any day over living in a neighborhood with slum landlords.

Trusted Contributor

If the house is being sold As Is you may not have much of a leg to stand on to get any repair coverage.  If there is any insurance, I imagine it is the minimum allowed.