Honored Contributor

@shortbreadlover

probably time to start ignoring your neighbors.

focus on your own home and get it in good shape.

get an estimate on how much fixing up the damages would cost. if they are high, call your insurance company and file a claim. they will then go afer your neighbors if they are deemed responsible.

if you think the situation will not improve, then time to start looking for a new home. dont waste any more money thinking about what you can do to the other persons home. better to just let it go and make the improvements to your home.....then decide to stay there or sell.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Test for meth? The Fire Department can determine if there is this type of activity but I'd be very careful before opening that door. 

Honored Contributor

I have great sympathy for people who live with bad neighbors and don't have the money and resources to move or take care of problems with the place where they live.  

I saw a lot of that growing up and it is hard to imagine how stressful it would be.  

Super Contributor

@Sooner I also live next to renters with 6 cars on the street, most with expired tags. 2 beat up boats. 7 cats not altered, soon to be more. 2 dogs in the back without shelter that bark a lot. Feel very sorry for them. Gave them water a lot through the fence this summer when they were out. A pool in the back yard with scum green water that I have to see everytime I walk to the kitchen or on my deck. I got so feed up I had a realtor out to talk about selling. She said the mess next door would be a real deterrent to my being able to sell. 

Honored Contributor

@Rose429 wrote:

@Sooner I also live next to renters with 6 cars on the street, most with expired tags. 2 beat up boats. 7 cats not altered, soon to be more. 2 dogs in the back without shelter that bark a lot. Feel very sorry for them. Gave them water a lot through the fence this summer when they were out. A pool in the back yard with scum green water that I have to see everytime I walk to the kitchen or on my deck. I got so feed up I had a realtor out to talk about selling. She said the mess next door would be a real deterrent to my being able to sell. 

When it comes to animals ,i would have to turn them in for sure,  that would make me take action.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@Rose429 wrote:

@Rose429 Where I live a phone call to city would help to start solving your issues.  There are rules (zoning laws)  for living in our town and the renters would be forced to clean up the mess, get rid of untagged cars, etc.  I would be calling today. 

Honored Contributor

@Rose429 wrote:

@Rose429  The last time we moved it was because of neighbors in large part and yes, it cost us an yes, it is terrible.  We backed up to another neighborhood and the people to one side down there let their pool turn into a frog pond; we spent a lot of money having bushes trimmed in the yards on both sides; and one was a crazy old man that looked through the fence all the time.

We were lucky because we did have the resources to move but it was far more expensive that it should have been.  I know how stressful living next to lazy jerks is--and believe me I feel for anyone, especially if you can't move out.  

Respected Contributor

@shortbreadlover wrote:

that is why i am filing an insurance claim

over a fence and gutter?

May be less to fix than your deductible, unless I missed more

Why would you take a fridge from them if you don't like them?

Respected Contributor

If nothing is to code, have you reported them to the city for code violations?

Respected Contributor

Re: new problems next door

[ Edited ]

Image result for life is short move

Or just move! Life is too short to live in a neighborhood you don't enjoy. It's a BIG country.