Trusted Contributor

Check the law or code where you live regarding trees. In many locations, if tree branches overhang a property line, such as the neighbor's over yours, the neighbor would not be responsible. You would have to cut the overhanging branches back to the property line at your expense. You might have to file in small claims court for the damage to the fence.

Trusted Contributor

that is why i am filing an insurance claim

Honored Contributor

That tree didn't get this big overnight. You should have complained about it years ago

Honored Contributor

@shortbreadlover wrote:

she gave me the number to call for the insurance companmy but they won't tell me the name of the company. 

@shortbreadlover  So the daughter gave you the number to call for the insurance company but "they" won't tell you the name of the company????

Whaaaa???  Did you call the number and who answered?
Who are "they" who wouldn't give you the name of the company?

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

@shortbreadlover wrote:

i am looking into it.  i am also going to request that they test the house for meth.  with those people, you never know what went on.

If you think they may have been cooking meth in there, why on earth did you take a refrigerator from them? Aren't you concerned that it may have been contaminated either from the meth or the rest of the mess that was in there? 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

That tree didn't get this big overnight. You should have complained about it years ago

Whatever is on your property is yours to do with including their tree.  I have bamboo next door.  Every year I have to dig up bamboo coming up in my yard.  That's my job.  If there is a tree overhanging your property you don't like, you can cut that part off.  Hiring a tree-trimming company is cheaper than having to fix damage to your house.  They can throw a chain saw (not the motorized variety) over the offending limb without having to climb the tree.

If the fence was on your property, you should've done something about that rather than letting them get away with that too.

Respected Contributor

I am sure glad I don't live next door to the OP.

Honored Contributor

Sounds like you need to MOVE!  Does not sound like a neighborhood you want to live in.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

Sounds like the OP is looking for someone else to pay for repairs she hasn't done to her own property. Filing liens and such nonsense isn't going to do a bit of good in this case. She's already accepted a refrigerator. The owner will say that was payment for any problems encountered. 

The OP didn't complain to the City years ago. Suddenly, all these complaints will fall on deaf ears. Not a leg to stand on. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

Have a suggestion for the OP.....  Really, you need to find something better to do in your life.  Maybe you ought to think about selling your place and move away from those slum lords.....