Esteemed Contributor

The Norelco shaver ad.

Respected Contributor

My husband has loved his Braun rechargeable electric and would not be without it. 

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

I don't pay attention to ads, so I don't know what Santa rides at Christmas. Are you looking for an electric razor or a manual razor?

I used to use a Gilette Mach 3 and really liked that. You might also want to check out the dollar shave club. The 4X and Executive razors are really good. You subscribe and they send you new cartridges every month or every other month, so you don't need to worry about getting them at the store. They're also cheaper than the name brand razors and cartridges at the store.

@ChynnaBlue

you dont remember this ad?

http://cdn3-www.craveonline.com/assets/uploads/gallery/the-top-11-nostalgic-christmas-commercials/norelco.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y888mx7hMZ0

Hmm... maybe? But having never bought one of those razors, I still wouldn't be able to tell you which brand it is. I know that shape is used by one brand, but I couldn't say which one.

Trusted Contributor

I also vote for the Braun.  i have been using it in its current form or another for more than 15 years, and it is wonderful.  I, too, have sensitive skin, and no other electric razor works for me.  It is pricey, but it is well worth the price.

Two things to keep in mind (Braun says this, but many people ignore this and then complain about the razor) -- it takes about a week to 10 days before your face and beard get used to the new razor (so fir the first week or so, the shave may not be completely smoothe -- it will get better) and shave before washing the face (washing causes the skin to swell and the shave will not be as close).

Respected Contributor

Thank you for all the responses. Will have mr henny read them. Looks as though Braun might be the next to try.

Thanks also for the video. Always knew Christmas was near when they started playing the commercial. Now when July comes-------Smiley Wink