Respected Contributor

I hope someone here can give us some ideas.

mr henny bought a pricey razor, the kind that santa rides at Christmas. It came with some special cleaning thing. 

Long story short he hates it. He said it isn't smooth on his face.

So, now he is on the hunt again. I was hoping that someone here would have some pros and cons on brands or models. 

Both sons now are sporting facial hair so are no help.

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Braun 7, is the one my husband just loves. It's over $200. he says, but he said Braun makes the best. He wears facial hair, mustache and thinish beard, all white. If it grows out he looks like Santa. He trims the beard he doesn't shave with it, he uses a Wahl to do that. He just told me all of this so I could tell you.

Honored Contributor

I don't think any of the electric razors are that good.  It seems there is a trend now to go back to a real razor with a good product.  There are some really fancy shaving products out for men now, I bought a couple of them for DH to try.

When DH uses a real razor his skin is like a baby's.  They say men get soft faces like that because a razor exfoliates the facial skin.

Honored Contributor

I don't pay attention to ads, so I don't know what Santa rides at Christmas. Are you looking for an electric razor or a manual razor?

I used to use a Gilette Mach 3 and really liked that. You might also want to check out the dollar shave club. The 4X and Executive razors are really good. You subscribe and they send you new cartridges every month or every other month, so you don't need to worry about getting them at the store. They're also cheaper than the name brand razors and cartridges at the store.

Respected Contributor

Hi, I was going to wait to see what ideas people came up with,but I just had to peak before I went back to cleaning.

QG, I will pass on all the info about the braun.

Noel, mr henny used to just use a real razor but has had some skin sensitivity lately, so thought an electric razor might be better.

Honored Contributor

@hennypenny wrote:

Hi, I was going to wait to see what ideas people came up with,but I just had to peak before I went back to cleaning.

QG, I will pass on all the info about the braun.

Noel, mr henny used to just use a real razor but has had some skin sensitivity lately, so thought an electric razor might be better.

I'm sorry about that @hennypenny

I understand, DH has a sensitive spot also and tries to shave around it, just under the jaw.  Then our daughter notices and trims it for him which drives him nuts, lol.

Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

I don't pay attention to ads, so I don't know what Santa rides at Christmas. Are you looking for an electric razor or a manual razor?

I used to use a Gilette Mach 3 and really liked that. You might also want to check out the dollar shave club. The 4X and Executive razors are really good. You subscribe and they send you new cartridges every month or every other month, so you don't need to worry about getting them at the store. They're also cheaper than the name brand razors and cartridges at the store.

@ChynnaBlue

you dont remember this ad?

http://cdn3-www.craveonline.com/assets/uploads/gallery/the-top-11-nostalgic-christmas-commercials/norelco.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y888mx7hMZ0

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

My husband has very sensitive skin.  He's been using products from The Art of Shaving for a couple of years now.  It's the only thing he can use on his face that doesn't give irritate his skin.  

Valued Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@ChynnaBlue

you dont remember this ad?

http://cdn3-www.craveonline.com/assets/uploads/gallery/the-top-11-nostalgic-christmas-commercials/norelco.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y888mx7hMZ0

@hennypenny

Thanks for the nostalgic blast from the past.  I remember those ads vividly.

Honored Contributor

That's a question only a man can answer.  Perhaps one of the very few men on the board will chime in.   I do think it's an individual thing, like skincare for women.  What works for one guy, doesn't necessarily work for another guy.  What one guy likes, another guy won't like.  My hubby doesn't like electric razors.  He has had many over the years and never liked any of them.  He's old school when it comes to shaving; he likes his razor and shaving cream.