Respected Contributor

need explanation of final words in an Amazon commercial (spoken in a different language)

This Amazon ad is driving me crazy. A man speaks about his brother and his mother passing away.  He wants to become a nurse.

Right now he's a medical assistant, but he has that further goal.  Amazon has been a great help to him.

At the very close of the commercial, the man gently expresses a thought  in a different language. Does anyone know what he's saying?

I'm hoping so.

Honored Contributor

Re: need explanation of final words in an Amazon commercial (spoken in a different language)

@insomniac2  I've seen that commercial often.  And I just "googled" it.  At the end in Tagalog he says "I will never forget you."

Esteemed Contributor

Re: need explanation of final words in an Amazon commercial (spoken in a different language)

it's a nice commercial......

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

@insomniac2  I've seen that commercial often.  And I just "googled" it.  At the end in Tagalog he says "I will never forget you."

I was watching a show on my iPad via an app and this commercial came up and had the written translation on the screen, unlike on the network showings of it.

Respected Contributor

I’ve always wondered that too and tried to google it.  I’m glad to finally know. 

Esteemed Contributor

Maybe he works part time for Amazon and they are paying his tuition? If so, maybe that's why he said he will never forget them.

They are paying for my 20 year old nephew.

I've never seen the commercial.

Trusted Contributor

I see the commercial constantly on streaming services. In fact I'm watching it right now.  It is subtitled. He says, "you'll always be in my heart" in Filipino on the commercial I've seen.

Valued Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

Maybe he works part time for Amazon and they are paying his tuition? If so, maybe that's why he said he will never forget them.

---

I think that sentence (bold, enlarged above) is meant to refer to his mother and brother, not Amazon.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Didn't mind this ad at first but its time for a newer ad.  So Amazon abuses their employees but pays their tuition ( its not a fair trade) so they can move on to a better situation.

Esteemed Contributor

@Highlands72 wrote:

@Sage04 wrote:

---

I think that sentence (bold, enlarged above) is meant to refer to his mother and brother, not Amazon.

So is it done in different languages? @MezzieStarr  said it says something like you'll always be in my heart so I can see that refers to his relatives.

Any reason why he's thanking Amazon? Is it because he was able to find everything at Amazon that they needed? Guess I have to see it to understand it lol.