Respected Contributor

Route 7, you are a cutie.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} I know what you mean, in my realm they had lots of cutoffs, me included. LOL I used to buy all the tabloids in the eighties and nineties, now I don't know any of them anymore, maybe the kids of the stars I knew. LOl I am 76 and can't believe it. LOl

mm

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".
Super Contributor

Hey Mama Mia. 65 here and still going strong! Every generation has their thing but we went through a lot!!

Honored Contributor

Running an adult hockey league for many decades now I've seen many men come and go during frigid weather to the ice rink and into or out of the parking lot. I can think of only 3 of them that dressed close to what you described.

One would wear just a T-shirt into the rink on below zero days. Why? All I could get out of him is "because he could" ? The other 2 were the youngest of my old men group of players, one of which is playing this year as he just turned 21.

He never wears long pant to the rink because he said it is easier to get into his hockey gear and back out of it after the game. He said it is only a bit cold when he gets into his car after the game until it warms up.

Me? I dress in layers and the colder it is the more layers I wear, including a balaclava that pretty much covers my whole face.

photo index.jpg

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

I work at a university & see young men wearing short pants & flip-flop year round. I guess their youth keeps them warm. I also know someone whose spouse won't wear long pants unless he absolutely has to, like at their wedding. At least he has decent-looking legs.

Respected Contributor

Mr henny wears shorts year round. Getting him to wear long pants is a struggle. By the way Big Dog is having a huge short sale today.

Super Contributor

I often see young men wearing shorts, T-shirts, hoodies and flip-flops during cold weather.

However, last Saturday (during a bout of 40-degree weather in Dallas), I saw a woman wearing a tank top, running shorts and flip-flops while shopping at Costco. She had to be freezing!