Honored Contributor

Re: masks that do not fog up glasses

[ Edited ]

@goldensrbest 

I wear fitted fabric masks with no nose wires. Worn correctly they do not fog up glasses at all. 

The glasses should sit on top of the mask - fogging comes because the mask has gaps in it and the air shoots up through the gaps. If your mask has gaps it isn’t helping anyone.

Respected Contributor

@Deree I do what you do--standard disposable mask.  Then I fit my glasses over the mask.  No problems.

Valued Contributor

Take a facial tissue and fold it in half along its crease, and fold it in half again. Then fold it in half the other direction. It will be about 4" by 2". You don't want it any bigger than this. Place it across the bridge of your nose, and put your mask on over it. Works extremely well.
Esteemed Contributor

You can buy metal mask adhesive strips on Amazon (very inexpensive).

Regular Contributor

Went to eye doctor last week and when my glasses fogged up and I couldn't read the chart the girl put a piece of scotch tape over my nose/mask.  No more fogging.  I've been doing this successfully ever since.  Now keep scotch tape in my car.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@patbz wrote:

You can buy metal mask adhesive strips on Amazon (very inexpensive).

I ordered some today.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I just ordered and received my masks from Starks, and they do help with the fogging problem. The other solution is cleaning your glasses with shaving cream, that works too! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

So do you like them ,i am thinking about ordering?That was fast shipping.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks, @Pook -- I'm going to try dish detergent!

I have masks with the sewn-in wires, plus I wear them high on my nose with my eyeglasses over the tops.  This works fairly well, but coating with dish soap might help too.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

So do you like them ,i am thinking about ordering?That was fast shipping.

@goldensrbest Hi, wan't sure if you were asking me, but my shipping took pretty long actually. I placed my order on June 24th and just received my masks this past Saturday, July 11th. I had to email them and ask where are my masks? I think they must have gotten bombarded with orders, they were very nice about it, and the masks are great!