Trusted Contributor

I have excellent mail service. Been getting my mail between 11:30 and 2 every day since we moved here in 2020.  I have no complaints with my local post office either.  The employes are efficient, knowledgeable and very friendly.

I have informed delivery as well and I love it.

For the record I do not work for the post office.  But I am a satisfied customer.  

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 - I've had the "acceptance pending" for quite a few of my packages, while they're awaiting transfer to a physical post office.

It's my understanding that it only means the post office has been notified that the package is about to be transferred to them and they signal "acceptance" to receive the package.

I never worry now, when I see that.  It doesn't mean the package is lost; just that it's in the process of being handed over from UPS to the Post Office for delivery.

Respected Contributor

I had a prescription ready yesterday, but didn't want to drive to pharmacy since I wasn't in a rush for it I opted to have mail delivery on 7/22 at no charge.  It arrived today.!!!!

Respected Contributor

@sann wrote:

I had a prescription ready yesterday, but didn't want to drive to pharmacy since I wasn't in a rush for it I opted to have mail delivery on 7/22 at no charge.  It arrived today.!!!!

I did that throughout our lockdown. I always got my scripts the next day unless the postman had already come when I called it in. Local mail seems to be functioning fairly well. It seems the problem is mail that travels. If it has to go through the sorting process in the DFW area, it is a problem. There is some kind of hub there that is really backed up on processing.

Honored Contributor

I wonder if its a locality problem.  My post office is doing pretty well, now.  I'm getting my mail and packages in good time.  

Respected Contributor

@catter70 We here in Brooklyn, NYC don't get mail at all and then it is piled on the next day or two. I've called postmaster local and federal -all to no avail.

The route my apt is part of is so difficult-- no mail person wants to stick with it. Additionally, we've lost

credit card statements, bank statements etc. Dh fear of 

anything virtual stops me from using online options.

Dh is bipolar with extreme anxiety I try not to set him off or it is h-ell for me.

Respected Contributor

@mspatmac I've eliminated much junk mail by getting removed from mailing lists. AARP is a serious offender, selling mailing lists. 

Respected Contributor

@icezeus my address is not eligible for informed delivery. You are fortunate.

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Meowingkitty wrote:

@mspatmac wrote:

In the last three week I received only 2 pieces of mail I even opened and they were superfluous as the info was on my accounts online.  Everything else was junk, advertisements, circulars, catalogs etc.  What a waste of paper and manpower delivering all this junk.

I agree. Everyday I check Imformed Delivery and it's been nothing but junk mail for several days. I think I've only had one piece to actually open. Usually I'm tearing it up as I walk back from the mailbox just to throw it in the recycle bin. 

@Meowingkitty 

I agree, me too--- what I get is 95% junk mail....Ive even written to the organizations and charities I do business with telling them I handle my bills online and that I get all the info I need via etheir mails or I go to their website to stay informed so they can save money and STOP THE JUNK MAIL!!!  It hasn't helped....WHAT A WASTE for the business/organization an unnecessary expense, as well as all the time and effort it takes the USPS to sort and deliver the junk that goes immediately into the recycle bin....Id rather them focus on packages and NON-JUNK MAIL and see that these items are delivered PROPERLY!!! 

@Spurt Actually, as I understand it a good portion of their income actually is generated by the junk and it's the first class that costs them more to deliver and generates less profit.

At that used to be the case.

Esteemed Contributor

@sann wrote:

@sann 

I have used this option for years even pre-covid. I have a couple of medicines that I have taken long term, so I just order it online, and it's always delivered within a few days.