Respected Contributor

My mail delivery keeps getting later every day. It used to be here by around 1 pm. and now it's been getting to be 7 p.m. or later. I put mail out yesterday for pick up and finally brought it back in at 8:30 p.m. I was just out for a walk and actually saw the mail person (actually she said she was the supervisor) and I told her that I didn't think we had delivery yesterday here and she said we didn't as they have no help and they were only delivering packages. Seems like a rerun of last year. Hoping she makes it to my street sometime today.

Honored Contributor

Just when we thought the USPS couldn't get any worse, it did.  I've had 2 Q packages the past week that UPS said they delivered to USPS and the tracking says "acceptance pending".  This must be the kiss of death because they seem to have disappeared. 

I did a lost package inquiry on one and got a riduculous, totally inappropriate response that indicated they didn't even look at the tracking. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 I had a package that said that as well. I gave it up for lost until one day it appeared in my box. I checked its status after the delivery, and it had not changed nor did it show delivered. I do believe DeJoy has succeeded in trashing the mail system and demoralizing its employees.

Esteemed Contributor

@catter70 , I had along talk with my letter carrier Jim about this. He actually has the habit of telling warning us when his vacation or next day off will be if we're outside as he walks through the neighbourhood.

Jim tells me they're actually adequately staffed, but it isn't unusual for a surprising number of them to call in at least one day every week. He does our route first, then the area he's covering for the absentee is done later.

This also affects those who see one employee trying to tend to customers, phones, and sorting at their local post office. There should be three or four there but the others are out covering a delivery route for an absentee.

He tells me how frustrating it is for them as employees, and knows it is for customers too. Their hands are tied because the union backs up the employees who are constantly absent, and that causes resentment & encourages even more of them to blow off a workday "just because".

Honored Contributor

Re: mail delivery

[ Edited ]

@On It wrote:

@Kachina624 I had a package that said that as well. I gave it up for lost until one day it appeared in my box. I checked its status after the delivery, and it had not changed nor did it show delivered. I do believe DeJoy has succeeded in trashing the mail system and demoralizing its employees.

@On It    I recently read that the only way to get rid of him is for the USPS Board of Directors to fire him.  Even the President can't fire him, so the Board needs to get on the ball. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I would trade.  Our mail carrier came from 11:30 to 1:30 like clockwork.  

New guy who comes at 9:30 a.m.!  I can't get my stuff together by then!  Civil people shouldn't get mail at 9:30 a.m.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@On It    I recently read that the only way to get rid of him is for the USPS Board of Directors to fire him.  Even the President can't fire him, so the Board needs to get on the ball. 

I am confused whether or not they have enough votes to do it. The board members were appointed as well. Does the majority still support him and his agenda?

Esteemed Contributor

In the last three week I received only 2 pieces of mail I even opened and they were superfluous as the info was on my accounts online.  Everything else was junk, advertisements, circulars, catalogs etc.  What a waste of paper and manpower delivering all this junk.

Esteemed Contributor

My SIL's aunt passed back in March. I immediately sent out a condolence card. I received the the card back about three weeks ago telling me that the address was not correct. I checked with my SIL and she verified it and yes the address was correct. 

Esteemed Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

In the last three week I received only 2 pieces of mail I even opened and they were superfluous as the info was on my accounts online.  Everything else was junk, advertisements, circulars, catalogs etc.  What a waste of paper and manpower delivering all this junk.

I agree. Everyday I check Imformed Delivery and it's been nothing but junk mail for several days. I think I've only had one piece to actually open. Usually I'm tearing it up as I walk back from the mailbox just to throw it in the recycle bin.