Honored Contributor
  1. Criminals in Florida broke into a home and stole three jars of cocaine...snorted it all before it was discovered that those jars were actually urns containing the remains of the woman's husband and two dogs.
Respected Contributor

Things that make you go "huh"

Honored Contributor

That's not exactly true.  Here is the real story:  http://www.snopes.com/horrors/cannibal/cocaine.asp

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@NickNack That is funny that you said that ...we were discussing fake news on another post.My husband read that story online from a readers digest story.What is the truth out there.I think only the witnesses know.

Honored Contributor

But Snopes doesn't say that these stories are false, from the link above that I read.

If the reports are true.......Ewwwwwww!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

original story from 1996......does have a lot of speculation attached to it. however, this seems to be a repeated story during different periods of time.

“Cremains mistaken for illegal drugs” is a recurring theme in contemporary lore. note that this recurring theme has happened in various places all over the usa and abroad.

i tend to believe that most, if not all, of the stories are "tall tales."

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

My high school aged son always said that if you didn't see it,it is hearsay and the facts are usually distorted as the story is retold.Funny at the time he planned to be a dentist but later changed his mind and got a law degree.I think that now more than ever it is hard to find the actual truth.

Honored Contributor

Sounds like one of those urban legends.  My mom's ashes are in an urn and I assure you no concaine user would ever in zillion years think an urn full of ashes was coke ...lol  Nor would they every put their heads in the jar and snort away....coke use doesn't work that way..lol  Good grief, it was really cocaine the person would be dead at the second nose full...lol  

Honored Contributor

@Nicknack wrote:

That's not exactly true.  Here is the real story:  http://www.snopes.com/horrors/cannibal/cocaine.asp

Thanks for this.  I really have to stop believing what people post here.  Either they don't read well or they take a snippet from the news and then come here make stuff up....lol   Although I didn't for second believe OP's story.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree I did not make this up..it is a readers digest story online.I agree though that it is hard to find the truth these days.I used to think of readers digest as a reputable source but now I am not certain.