Respected Contributor

Re: iCoffee single serve coffee maker

On 3/20/2015 4uthebest said:

Yes thank you for the review as well. I saw that in BB&B about 5 weeks or so ago and was very interested but I had just driven 40 miles a couple weeks earlier and got a Cuisinart which I should never replaced with the VUE in the first place as it was still working and it makes made very good coffee.

Recently I have been spending a bit more time and making the best coffee I ever had with the Aeropress and Capresso burr grinder but definitely will consider the Remington machine.

I looked at both versions of it. It does have an interesting take on it but the reviews are mixed from the best coffee maker to the worst. I think you find that with any coffee maker.

Super Contributor

On 3/21/2015 tigriss

I looked at both versions of it. It does have an interesting take on it but the reviews are mixed from the best coffee maker to the worst. I think you find that with any coffee maker.

Both versions of what single serve machine?

Respected Contributor

On 3/25/2015 4uthebest said:
On 3/21/2015 tigriss

ICoffee has the 12 cup brewer and the singer serve version. There are tons of reviews on youtube with demos of them. I'm more interested in 12 cup model since it is smaller and may one day need to replace my Hamilton Beach Brewstation. People complain that it is difficult to clean compared to a regular paper filter, but even the gold filters are difficult to clean compared to the paper filters that you just take out. The single serve brewer would be great for when my Keurig goes, but I've had that since 07' without issues, so until one of them dies, I'm waiting, especially since new technology comes out over and over again. I do have an Areopress that I love for a single cup, so I may not even go the single cup brewer part. It take the same amount of time, about 3-4 minutes as my Keurig since I don't keep it plugged in due to fire risk of small appliances with heating elements.

Honored Contributor

I wonder if the iCoffee quits working as often as the Keurig does. I finally gave up on my Keurig after a little over a year and bought something else. I still prefer the K-cups and wouldn't mind trying this if it didn't get hung up all the time. I got tired of taking the Keurig apart to scrape the needle with the paper clip all the time. Has this been around long enough for anyone to know about this?

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

On 3/25/2015 NickNack said:

I wonder if the iCoffee quits working as often as the Keurig does. I finally gave up on my Keurig after a little over a year and bought something else. I still prefer the K-cups and wouldn't mind trying this if it didn't get hung up all the time. I got tired of taking the Keurig apart to scrape the needle with the paper clip all the time. Has this been around long enough for anyone to know about this?

The opus was released Nov 2014, so no way to determine long-term reliability at this point.

I always save the box and keep the receipt with the box. I bought mine at BB&B, and with the original box and receipt, I can get it replaced easily enough.

Super Contributor

On 3/25/2015 tigriss said:
On 3/25/2015 4uthebest said:
On 3/21/2015 tigriss

ICoffee has the 12 cup brewer and the singer serve version. There are tons of reviews on youtube with demos of them. I'm more interested in 12 cup model since it is smaller and may one day need to replace my Hamilton Beach Brewstation. People complain that it is difficult to clean compared to a regular paper filter, but even the gold filters are difficult to clean compared to the paper filters that you just take out. The single serve brewer would be great for when my Keurig goes, but I've had that since 07' without issues, so until one of them dies, I'm waiting, especially since new technology comes out over and over again. I do have an Areopress that I love for a single cup, so I may not even go the single cup brewer part. It take the same amount of time, about 3-4 minutes as my Keurig since I don't keep it plugged in due to fire risk of small appliances with heating elements.

Yep I know that. the discussion was about single serve and I thought there was another model of the Opus that I had missed because the reviews on the Opus are among the best I have seen for any coffee maker. Yet the reviews on the 12 cup machine are quite dismal.

Honored Contributor

I saw this at BBB this week, it is a possibility if my Keuring goes down.

Super Contributor

On 4/5/2015 jackthebear said:

I saw this at BBB this week, it is a possibility if my Keuring goes down.

Although I reported quite a bit on these machines and how the coffee brewed is better than even the Cuisinart, it is clear to me that the build quality is inferior to the Cuisinart and I would be surprised if it lasts for the warranty period (hope I am wrong as I am returning the Cuisinart and keeping the Opus which is slower and cooler than the Cuisinart but a richer brew maker).

Respected Contributor

To replace our second Keurig single serve, we purchased the iCoffee single serve a couple weeks ago and so far, love it! I think the coffee brews much hotter than the Keurig. Also, I like that it has a power saver feature. After a certain amount of time has passed after brewing a cup of coffee, it goes into power saver. If you make another cup within 24 hours, it doesn't take as long to heat up. With the Keurig I would have to remember to power it off at some point if I thought we were done drinking coffee/tea for the day or I would set the auto off. However, if our power went out, I would have to reset everything.

The iCoffee is a little more basic which I have no problem. It doesn't have a clock (which I never had a need for anyway), it doesn't have an auto on (again, I had no need). It just makes a great single cup of coffee.

My BB&B would not take their 20% coupon off the Keurig. They did accept their 20% coupon on the iCoffee.

I was also extremely disappointed in Keurig introducing their last version which would only take their recommended K-cups. I find that to be a little greedy and don't care for that. I did see on YouTube there is a way to get around that, but consumers shouldn't have to go through some kind of process just to use what coffee they would like to use.

Naturally for only owning it a couple of weeks I can't tell how long it is going to last, but right now I am loving it.

Super Contributor

On 4/6/2015 3dlovely said:

To replace our second Keurig single serve, we purchased the iCoffee single serve a couple weeks ago and so far, love it! I think the coffee brews much hotter than the Keurig. Also, I like that it has a power saver feature. After a certain amount of time has passed after brewing a cup of coffee, it goes into power saver. If you make another cup within 24 hours, it doesn't take as long to heat up. With the Keurig I would have to remember to power it off at some point if I thought we were done drinking coffee/tea for the day or I would set the auto off. However, if our power went out, I would have to reset everything.

The iCoffee is a little more basic which I have no problem. It doesn't have a clock (which I never had a need for anyway), it doesn't have an auto on (again, I had no need). It just makes a great single cup of coffee.

My BB&B would not take their 20% coupon off the Keurig. They did accept their 20% coupon on the iCoffee.

I was also extremely disappointed in Keurig introducing their last version which would only take their recommended K-cups. I find that to be a little greedy and don't care for that. I did see on YouTube there is a way to get around that, but consumers shouldn't have to go through some kind of process just to use what coffee they would like to use.

Naturally for only owning it a couple of weeks I can't tell how long it is going to last, but right now I am loving it.

I do not know what Keurig you are talking about but I do know that the Cuisinart 770 brews quite a bit hotter and in my rather extensive comparisons between the icoffee and the Cuisinart (details in another post ) I will say that of the motto "Hotter than Hot, Smoother than Smooth, Faster than Fast" the icoffee fails 2 of these but to me with the important one (Smoother than Smooth) it wildly excels.

In addition using my own ground coffee in their included refillable cup, the coffee quality also is better than any other Keurig type machine I have used.

The Cuisinart also has a clock and auto shut off as do other Keurigs I have had so the icoffee is not unique in that aspect either.