Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

@mollymaggie wrote:

Ive been with the Q 32 years and love it but to fire 4 wonderful hosts and keep Julia Cearley blows my mind  

See the thing is, that's your opinion.  You're ranting that certain hosts got fired but you feel it should have been someone else that you don't like.  QVC top wheels have their decisions, and they've been made.  Move on.

@rms1954 

With QVC struggling, they need to start listening to customer opinions/suggestions/feedback ......  And I think some of the CUSTOMER suggestions make more sense then the QVC Execs....  They almost got rid of Linea (customers saved it).....  they implemented not one, but two additional channels which their sales never could support since a lot cable networks dont even carry them,and QVC's audience doesn't like to stream, then QVC overhired hosts, then they started to rerun shows, all their clothing lines look alike and the Execs wonder why apparel sales are down, if the SAME comments keep coming up over and over and over about the SAME hosts they need to do a review of that host's performance....and try other hosts in favored time slots to get a true picture of a host's sales ......They BORE viewers to death with too long presentations and stale products/programming and they wonder why for the last couple of years sales are down in all categories except electronics ..... Yep, QVC could use all the help they can get....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Antonella is not coming back. But if posters with good hearted intent hope so, more power to them.

The Forum Bullies always want to suppress content with which they disagree.

Forum Bullies, is that an official title or group?  Just asking since you made a point of capitalizing it.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
There's a Forum rule now about Capitalization?
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

I am sorry to say but the hosts mean 0 to me less than a sales person in my local dept store, personally I think the idol worship is crazy. They are not even movie stars, in relaity QVC is one giant infomercial 

@I am still oxox 

It's NOT "idol worship" its that some hosts are downright annoying when a viewer is trying to obtain product information to make a decision on a purchase....QVC's website has few details (mostly sales fluff) so we watch to see the product perform and hear from the vendor.  Sadly some hosts make the shows all about themselves and their families or they prefer to act like silly teenagers rather than professional sales people.....What do I gain seeing a host do the chicken dance??????

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

Have you watched Julia lately?  In my opinion and the opinion of some others, she has improved tremendously.  Her mentor is Jane Treacy, and I think she is getting very good advice from Jane and is feeling more comfortable selling.  We have to give people a chance!  I do find her very enjoyable.  She has a great sense of humor and it is apparent that she is well-prepared.

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Antonella is not coming back. But if posters with good hearted intent hope so, more power to them.

The Forum Bullies always want to suppress content with which they disagree.

@Johnnyeager 

👍 👍 👍

Esteemed Contributor

Well I, for one, am watching less and less.  There are more hosts now that I won't watch than ones that I will.  I also stopped recording all the Susan Graver shows because I am done with liquid knit (except her LK dresses.)  I tend to be an impulse buyer - I buy when I see something presented.  Though I have bought a lot this year up until now, a lot of it has been clearance and "as is" items that I sought out.  

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@mollymaggie wrote:

Ive been with the Q 32 years and love it but to fire 4 wonderful hosts and keep Julia Cearley blows my mind  

@mollymaggie   I'm going to respond to you as nicely as I can.  In other words, it's isn't to suppress your opinion.

You already started a thread in Suggestion to bring Antonella back.

I think you are over-reacting to the loss of a host you like but your insistence that people tell those in charge to change their minds is useless.

The reason I do not like these "host" threads is that some posters feel so-and-so should go instead of so-and so.  It is really an unkind opinion.

I liked Antonella but I'm not about to start a crusade to bring her back.

It's done.

These threads are just tired rehashed "opinions" about the recent change in hosts.  It's one thing to express sadness that a fave is gone; it's quite another to name a host who is remaining as the one who should have been let go.  It's really not nice and that remark was not needed.

The threads are also started to keep the flames fanned as a way to bash a host who was not let go.

You started 2 threads now and perhaps for your own sake you might just take a step back and let it be.

@Johnnyeager   And I will say this to you-I have never seen you so out of character and I hope all is well with you.  Sincerely.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@mollymaggie   First of all they were not fired but laid off and there is a difference because they can collect unemployment.  Yes, it is sad to see them go but I personally think QVC made a mistake when they offered QVC2 and the Beauty channel.  How many channels can people watch?  And it will definitely wear off of jumping channels.  I only watch QVC and stopped for a while because they changed early morning programming to only televise the TSV.  I use to enjoy watching early morning programs.  You can't be greedy just stick with the basics and build on to QVC and forget those other channels.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

I am sorry to say but the hosts mean 0 to me less than a sales person in my local dept store, personally I think the idol worship is crazy. They are not even movie stars, in relaity QVC is one giant infomercial 

I don't even know who this Julia host is. Sure I've seen some of the others who've been fired but like you I don't care squat about the hosts. I don't watch the Q for entertainment. It's sad that some people have lost their jobs but it happens everywhere. Me personally I watch the shows with products in them I'm interested in and nothing more.