Honored Contributor

Re: host STACEY RUSCH leaving QVC

I wasn't a fan. 

Valued Contributor

They all basically give the same reason for leaving, I don't buy it because they don't stop working. They either get a different job or come back eventually in a different capacity.

"I never changed, I just learned."
Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

Stacey is so beautiful and carries herself well, but she makes so many mistakes.  She mispronounces many words and sometimes is clueless.

This job was not for her, although she gave it a good try.

She has one daughter, Arabella, who she often mentions on air. 

I am sure she will find her niche in life.  She seems like a genuninely nice person.

I wish her well on her next adventure.

Hmmmm.  I've watched many shows hosted by Stacey and I have never seen her as you described, never.  Other newer hosts, yes, but not Stacey.

She was reading info from one of the cards about the products.  I am not a person to rush to the forums to post about an error, so I can't remember what words she couldn't read or pronounce correctly, but she did it several times.

I don't watch QVC often and when I do it's usually after midnight.  Stacey often hosts very late at night until 3 am.  That's the only time I have ever seen her host, never during daytime or peak hours.

Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

Spending time with your family is a go to phrase when you really don't know what to say.

@Group 5 minus 1  - Agree with you 100%.  I think there's more to the story.

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

She is a beautiful woman and was an excellent presenter.  Her statement leaves me scratching my head, though.  In one breath, she's going to focus on being a mom.  And in another, she said, "I'll see you soon".  That sure sounds like she could be joining a vendor as an on-air rep.  Time will tell.  I won't be losing any sleep over it. 

@JeanLouiseFinch  - I'm scratching my head over this too.  Stacey was a wonderful host and quite beautiful.  I believe we'll see her in the very near future in another job.

Honored Contributor

@J Town Girl wrote:

If her idea was spending more time at home why would she care to have anyone following her on Instagram?  

The old line of spending time with my family is used so frequently that it becomes just a way for them to leave without saying that they are going to greener pastures.  

Why not just say I am leaving and let it go at that?  

Great point @J Town Girl .  If she's going home to be a mom, why does she want everyone to connect with her on Instagram?  Hmmm.

Honored Contributor

@KKlim wrote:
@skatting44.. I have never heard her mispronounce words either,🤔..whereas I’ve heard several others!

@KKlim @skatting44  -  I also have never heard Stacey mispronounce words.

Frequent Contributor

It is obvious she was let go and I'm sure it was her sales numbers.  It wouldn't matter how bad she was at presenting if her sales were good, that is all QVC cares about and why some hosts still have jobs but are beyond obnoxious.  She is a beautiful woman and I'm sure she will be back on air, somewhere. 

Esteemed Contributor

I liked Stacy & don’t recall an outstanding number of mistakes. Many of the more seasoned hosts make more & we all make them. I don’t think she was “let go”. In my opinion, she probably wanted earlier hours & maybe more exposure on the main channel. She was on with Shawn in the evening recently but was reduced to the media person & seemed more like an ornament on stage. I don’t think, with her personality, energy & beauty she would accept or like a lesser role. It’s easier to devote more time to your child if you work days rather than early evening to midnight. Maybe her husband had a change in hours?

She was way better than the newest crop of hosts & even better than some of the “more seasoned” hosts. Stacey is a loss, imo.
Honored Contributor

@Stray wrote:
I liked Stacy & don’t recall an outstanding number of mistakes. Many of the more seasoned hosts make more & we all make them. I don’t think she was “let go”. In my opinion, she probably wanted earlier hours & maybe more exposure on the main channel. She was on with Shawn in the evening recently but was reduced to the media person & seemed more like an ornament on stage. I don’t think, with her personality, energy & beauty she would accept or like a lesser role. It’s easier to devote more time to your child if you work days rather than early evening to midnight. Maybe her husband had a change in hours?

She was way better than the newest crop of hosts & even better than some of the “more seasoned” hosts. Stacey is a loss, imo.

@Stray   I tend to agree with your thoughts here.  

The explanation of her mistakes seemed like it may have happened in one show where she fumbled words or descriptions on a card during the show.  That's something I've seen every single host do multiple times as well.  Just seems odd that it was brought up at all, as if it was most of Stacey's shows in her 2-yr tenure at QVC.  

I watched most of her shows because they were routinely repeated at better times [for me to watch] than the early morning or very late evenings on QVC 2 and QVC 3.  I get QVC via Roku where there are actually 7 channels of QVC, most all repeats of select shows.

Her husband has a very prestige job as Senior Vice President, Sales Operations, for Audi of America.  Perhaps Stacey wants a job with hours best suited for raising her daughter, or being a working mom at home for a while.

It's all unknown to us QVC viewers, and that's her prerogative.  But perhaps Stacey will indeed give an update soon. I did notice she has already changed her FB profile name by getting rid of the "QVC" after her name.