Honored Contributor

I've never been a fan of Family Dollar, it just doesn't appeal to me, as I think a lot of the prices are the same you can find anywhere. We have Dollar General here as well, and I don't care for them either.

I'm a huge fan of Dollar Tree, however, and hope this doesn't change them in any way. I think it might be time to hit the Dollar tree and stock up on some cards and such, just in case there are changes.

Honored Contributor
On 1/25/2015 shorelady said:
On 1/25/2015 Matty6 said:

{#emotions_dlg.blink} We have a store called "only a dollar" but when you walk in buy something it comes out to more. They charge tax! The store should be called "more then a dollar " LOL. How they get away with that I do not know{#emotions_dlg.confused1} I stopped shopping there.

I am sitting here trying to figure out the logic of this post. If you are in a state that charges tax on your purchases (whatever the price of this item), you are going to pay the tax in addition to the cost of the item. What makes you think that dollar stores are exempt from state sales tax?

I went to a 'dollar-type' store in Dallas & purchased two things...fully expecting it to be $2.17....but it was $2, including tax.

I wish more stores would do that....I might pay in cash more if I didn't have to lug around clunky change. Makes the transaction very clean & efficient. These stores proves there are 2 different ways to look @ things...

Honored Contributor

One thing nice about dollar stores is that we can find many items in a relatively small space. In other words, we don't have to spend much time walking to various (spread about) departments. Am I making any sense?........lol

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor
On 1/25/2015 ROMARY 1 said:

One thing nice about dollar stores is that we can find many items in a relatively small space. In other words, we don't have to spend much time walking to various (spread about) departments. Am I making any sense?........lol

Makes TONS of sense!!! Whenever I head over to Sam's, Target or Walmart, I try & walk the perimeter of the store a couple times before shopping. My little Fitbit is clicking away...surprised how far you can walk within those stores..especially when you're randomly shopping clothes, then groceries, then makeup section. Have to take advantage of every opportunity to get exercise....but it IS nice to get in-get out quickly!

Super Contributor
On 1/25/2015 ROMARY 1 said:

I know ExACTLY what you mean, and I agree! There are many stores I can't park, walk and get all the way to the back for milk. Can't they have a little fridge for milk at the front of a big store for disabled?