Honored Contributor

I love Dollar Tree for reading glasses. They are only $1.00 per pair and they're great. I just had cataract surgery earlier this month so I'm trying to buy several pairs of reading glasses to determine which strength is best for me. So fair, I've tried the 2.00 and 2.50 and both are working out well for me.

I also like DT for greeting cards, seasonal flowers and décor and storage containers. I've even gotten nail polish there which is just as good as polish sold at another discount store at a much higher cost.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Super Contributor

oops! terribly sorry ~ I did not note 4 yr old grand d! I thought it said your grandMOTHER and her sisters! {#emotions_dlg.blushing}

anyhow, I LOVE dollar tree and buy lots of stuff there. it's the only store which doesn't make me feel as poor as I actually am

Honored Contributor
Family dollar is going to buy all the competition. From what I see, they are trying to separate themselves from the rest of the pack. We have all the stores with dollar in the name. I go to various ones for certain things, but I couldn't tell you what the name of the store is. I call them all "the dollar store". I know they aren't all equal and some charge way more than a dollar.
Respected Contributor
If Dollar Tree and Family Dollar merge, would the new name be FAMILY TREE?
Valued Contributor

sorry d/p

Every perfect gift is from above.
Valued Contributor
On 1/24/2015 graycatsrule said: Family dollar is going to buy all the competition. From what I see, they are trying to separate themselves from the rest of the pack. We have all the stores with dollar in the name. I go to various ones for certain things, but I couldn't tell you what the name of the store is. I call them all "the dollar store". I know they aren't all equal and some charge way more than a dollar.

In my area we have Dollar Tree, Family Dollar and Dollar General. I have shopped at all at one time or another. Love them all for their prices and variety of products I use.

Every perfect gift is from above.
Super Contributor

I use Dollar Tree for cards, cleaners, glasses, toothpaste, doggie bags, envelopes, batteries, hair clips, gift bags. Also veggie steamers in the frozen section. Hate Family Dollar.

Esteemed Contributor

We have a store called ""only a dollar"" but when you walk in buy something it comes out to more. They charge tax! The store should be called ""more then a dollar "" LOL. How they get away with that I do not know I stopped shopping there.

Valued Contributor

I think I was in a Family Dollar once or twice and didn't like it. I do like Dollar Tree though. I like to buy certain items there and there are two near me that I go to so I hope they don't change.

Super Contributor
On 1/25/2015 Matty6 said:

{#emotions_dlg.blink} We have a store called "only a dollar" but when you walk in buy something it comes out to more. They charge tax! The store should be called "more then a dollar " LOL. How they get away with that I do not know{#emotions_dlg.confused1} I stopped shopping there.

I am sitting here trying to figure out the logic of this post. If you are in a state that charges tax on your purchases (whatever the price of this item), you are going to pay the tax in addition to the cost of the item. What makes you think that dollar stores are exempt from state sales tax?