Honored Contributor

Re: does this sound strange?

I sure hope it works out also, i just saw enough while back there to be concerned.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I don't know anything about your family and it's none of my business so I can't comment  on if it's strange or not,  I guess it just depends on what you think.  

Honored Contributor

I think this is a case where outsiders need to MYOB.   Whatever the reasons,  it's not something for others to become involved in. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

What ever the reason  that's   to bad. Life's to short.

Honored Contributor

I think it is one of the oddest things I've ever heard of.  Just hearing that, on the surface, I think the poor son who went with mommy is caught in the middle and taking the brunt of it from his mom.  And I think his wife would be terribly hurt, even if she said "Ok. Go."

Not knowing of course this is a simple opinion and someone ask so don't beat me up.  It's just what I happen to think. . . 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not necessarily a bad thing. I can envision situations in which certain family members who don't see each other often or who need to offer support due to a recent loss or something like that might want to spend special time together. I don't worry much about what other people are doing, to be honest. 

Honored Contributor

@Sooner I agree the situation does seem off but maybe the son wanted to make a special memory for his mom because her health isn't great.I like you stated don't have enough info to really comment but I think it is sad that they couldn't find a way to all spend at least some time at the dinner table together.I am the mom of an only son so I always hope that he will find a way to include me in his life.I don't expect to be his priority but it sure would be hurt to be forgotten.

Esteemed Contributor

HOPEFULLY, his wife is okay with the arrangement.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest1dont think it is a problem if those who are involved aren't upset.They might have come to an agreement due to circumstances that you aren't aware of at this time.I think you should  not spoil your day worrying about something that could be nothing at all.Happy Thanksgiving!

Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I just retuned from spending 10 days there with my mom,  she won't go anywhere,except in the small town they live in ,without my brother being with her,he stops over 3 times a day, spends little time with wife, just  concerned  about their marriage,he was in his mid 40's before he got married.

So?

Let your brother and his wife worry about their own marriage.

They really don't need you meddling in their affairs, and stirring up trouble where there isn't any.

Just butt out and MYOB.