Honored Contributor

Re: do you have an AMAZON alexa device?

Nope!  There are already enough listening devices in this house.  I don't need to add to the madness by adding Alexa.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Pantsonfire2    You must be very good at fully utilizing Alexa.  How do you get it to tell you when your mail or a package arrives?

@Kachina624 The delivery driver must send in a notification because Alexa chimes and the top turns green alerting you of a message and when you ask "Alexa, what are my notifications?" she'll answer that a package has been delivered. Works like a charm.

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@ruthbe wrote:

My husband is a computer programmer.  He told us no to Alexa.  There is already too many ways to track us and that is a big way to track what you are doing.

@ruthbe    Anybody wanting to track what I'm doing is welcome to it.  It wouldn't be long until they died of boredom.

I signed my life away a long time ago to Apple, Google, and TikTok. I love mt Alexa and wouldn't live without her.

Valued Contributor

My iPad sends me an email when a package is delivered and my Alexa makes a little musical note noise when my mail is delivered or a package arrives.  I'm not sure if that is from my Ring or Alexa or Prime ... 

Frequent Contributor

Not for me. In the future it will know what everyone does
Esteemed Contributor

Oh heck no. Don’t want anyone spying on us, more than they already do.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

We got it as gifts, one in the living room, one in the bedroom where we use for an alarm, or for a nap we ask to wake us up in an hour and she does.

In the livingroom on top of the piano, is close to the kitchen and we use it timing things, all the time, music, yes!! And for Relevant Radio, I just ask her to put it on and there it is!!  She is so handy, we've had both of them for several years now.  I like her nutrtional tips she gives every day, and the weather, bad snowstorm coming our way tomorrow thru Friday, I always ask her what the temp is.  I've asked her spell something for me too.  My daughters have it too.  That's how we got ours, We also have it programmed into my husband's phone for shopping list, so whenever we're out of some food, we have her put it on the shopping list, so when he goes shopping it's all there.  Sometimes I'll have a song in my head, can't remember the words, so I'll ask her to play that song and there it is!

Valued Contributor

@ruthbe wrote:

My husband is a computer programmer.  He told us no to Alexa.  There is already too many ways to track us and that is a big way to track what you are doing.

@ruthbe  Your husband is right, exactly why I don't have one.