Honored Contributor

do you have an AMAZON alexa device?

this really works.....

do you have an amazon alexa device and do you order from amazon?

say, "alexa thank my driver" and it gives your most recent driver a $5 tip. this works for a limited time.

the five drivers who receive the most thank yous will get a $10,000 bonus, plus $10,000 donated to a charity of their choice.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

Re: do you have an AMAZON alexa device?

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 ...  I did not know that Sunshine ...  I have four Echos and one Show and I LOVE them.  I also play music from Amazon and can specify what artist I want to hear or an album.  I listen to radio replay shows on iHeart and podcasts ...  Alexa tells me when my mailman comes and if someone is at my front door delivering a package. But my FAVORITE is that I can play music thru all my Echo's, etc. by telling Alexa ... "Alexa... please play Whitney Houston EVERYWHERE" ("everywhere" is the magic word) and all play in sync.  You need to go thru the Alexa app to set up your "surround sound" the first time but it's nice to be cleaning and room by room hear your music or shows.  Don't tell me to be careful what I say around Alexa ... my life isn't that intriguing !!  Their possibilities are endless including calling family for you in an emergency, finding recipes and answers every question I pose to her.  I'm a definite fan of Alexa and thank you @sunshine45 for sharing the ability to tip ...  I will certainly use it.

Honored Contributor

Only if it changes lightbulbs and fixes leaky faucets...

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

We did when it first came out a number of years ago.  We only used it for little more than a year then we decided that it's a little too creepy and invasive.  I have not used one since nor do I care to start again.

Honored Contributor

No Alexa devices for me.  Just haven't had an interest. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

One of my daughters has it at her house.  I have fun with it when visiting her or babysitting my grands.  

But anything even remotely robotic kind of creeps me out, so nothing of that sort is at my house.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Trusted Contributor

My husband is a computer programmer.  He told us no to Alexa.  There is already too many ways to track us and that is a big way to track what you are doing.

Honored Contributor

I have Alexa on my Fire tablet.  I rarely use it. But I find it annoying to use it on a phone. my husband uses it on his phone.  But that's it.  I don't have a specific device that only features the voice. The voice simply replaces the email that you would get in notifying you of a package, etc.  It also replaces the typing you would do for information. 

Regular Contributor

I have Echo's and Dots in almost every room. I use them mostly for timers to feed my 2 cats since I don't free-feed them. My cats are so intelligent they look at the Echo screens, the last 10 seconds before the timer goes off a white dot goes back & forth across the screen. They can be looking at it from across the room and they run towards the Echo and tap it with their paws. I also use the Echo as an alarm clock. I don't use them for ordering from Amazon, though.