Honored Contributor

Re: Exactly how drunk does one have to get in order to...

Young people do really stupid things, especially young males.  We're always seeing photos of them doing daredevil stunts, or just trying to impress a girl.

I don't think he was trying to kill himself, there would be no evidence to say that would work.  His brother and friends present at the time haven't said anything to suggest that, either.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

Two incidents re: guns and fireworks with sports figures:

Packers TE Andrew Quarless charged with a misdemeanor for firing a gun in public

Giants DE Jason Pierre-Paul severely injured his hand in a fireworks accident.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

"I'm convinced that young men have waaaaaaaay too much testosterone coursing through their bodies, and it clouds their thinking. They think that they are being impressive, but their not."

GMTA

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

Yes, it's a very tragic occurence,  but God has strange ways of thinning the stupid ones out of the herd.

Trusted Contributor

Drinking to much led him to disaster. I feel sorry for his family. I cannot believe that someone didn't try to stop him. Someone must have been a little sober and aware. Clown of the party got him 6 foot under. So sad.
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Having  been raised in the Chicago-area, I wasn't too aware of the "tradition" of using gunfire as a form of firecracker "fun".

(In Chicago, when we use guns...WE MEAN IT!!!!). lol

But having traveled and lived all around the world, I had to get used to the fact that a lot of people use gunfire as entertainment - and not even the sort one finds at target ranges or the good ol'boy tin can shootin' out in the middle of nowhere variety.

Instead, at some point in the evening - as either the BBQ brickets cool or the Coronas kick in - they go in their backyards or driveways - even during a family get-together - and just, well, shoot guns off into the sky above.

TO WHERE they think the bullets go...I do not know.

I mean, so rarely does a BIRD come falling out of the sky for these people.

But I suppose when you're in that mind-set, you don't much think about or care where the bullet goes.

(It vanishes! They're magic, happy, celebration bullets, after all). lol

But of course, you hear about kids being struck...bullets going through the walls of other people's houses, bullets hitting the windshield of a passing car...

SO MUCH...FUN! Smiley LOL

Why, some nights, one looks around almost expecting to see if Mr. Martin Scorsese might be filming in the area (...or is it just a terrorist take-over. So hard to tell these days).

When I first bought a home in New Mexico, I really had to get used to the fact that some people just really enjoy endangering the general public in the pursuit of a good party.

But it was usually always some drunk or just the sort of guy you'd think would shoot a gun off as he's downing his second 24-pack.

But all the gunfire calls to 911 - not to mention the DANGER - got many places in NM (and Santa Fe) on the ball a bit. One doesn't hear of it as much at all anymore really. I mean, even we in New Mexico woke up and starting getting it right.

And one side benefit of being in the high desert is that the laws regarding fireworks have gotten a bit tougher because of the risk of wildfires.

Now idiots just start those with cigarette butts. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

"And the winner of the 2015 Darwin Award goes to....."
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Gee thanks, just the visual I needed. 

sigh. 

And before someone jumps all over me for opening the thread, that was a very general thread title. I sure wasn't expecting this when I opened it. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Valued Contributor

@JAXS mom wrote:

Gee thanks, just the visual I needed. 

sigh. 

And before someone jumps all over me for opening the thread, that was a very general thread title. I sure wasn't expecting this when I opened it. 

Well, it is all over the news.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

So I live in a little beach town in SoCal that is a major destination point for "patriotic" drunks on the Fourth. Parties abound. The police do their best, but it's still a raucous day for all of us interested in less noise. I can still hear the the drunken chants of "USA, USA, USA" in my head.

There was a report that police helicopters and lifeguards were looking for a young woman who was said to have gone into the surf late that night. Next thing we heard, she had stumbled into a beachfront house whose owners had left the door unlocked. She was found sleeping on their living room floor.

I did some truly stooopid stuff when I was young, although not the caliber of this young man, so sometimes it's just luck that adolescents/young people manage to grow old.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland