Respected Contributor

Re: ?? cryptocurrency & bitcoins ??

Just over 3yrs ago brother got into this bitcoin stuff and he made alot of money!  Started with a initial investment of 680.00 and was up to over 40k 2yrs in and counting.  I haven't asked him what he's been doing the last yr....I should.  He bought several computers to have set up at home and really got into it all.  I really didn't understand what he was talking about 3yrs ago at all. 

Respected Contributor

@tsavorite wrote:

Just over 3yrs ago brother got into this bitcoin stuff and he made alot of money!  Started with a initial investment of 680.00 and was up to over 40k 2yrs in and counting.  I haven't asked him what he's been doing the last yr....I should.  He bought several computers to have set up at home and really got into it all.  I really didn't understand what he was talking about 3yrs ago at all. 

@tsavorite:  I hope he cashed out before it headed south.

Respected Contributor

I think my email address got leaked with the Experian hack, and some stupid blackmail emails were the fallout. One scammer wanted to be paid off in bitcoins, and the second creep wanted Euros, so I guessed bitcoins are a cyber form of money but never looked into it.

Respected Contributor

Yes.