Honored Contributor

They're saying that some of the problems may be due to the massive hack that just happened. All sorts of vital entities, including healthcare, were targeted in the hack.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

They're saying that some of the problems may be due to the massive hack that just happened. All sorts of vital entities, including healthcare, were targeted in the hack.

@Porcelain, don't even get me started on that. I would like to continue posting here, if you get my drift.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
I am personally not anxious to get the vaccine delivered here...because I am over 65 and now the FDA is saying since the vaccine was not tested in my age group, we need to wait until all essential workers ( WM and HD)and healthcare workers ...and don’t forget politicians.,,,they lined up yesterday to get theirs...but a lot of them are in their 80’s....don’t get me started or I will be poofed instantly!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

@lovesrecess, where are you getting this?   The clinical trials did include people in their 80s.  Close to 26% of the subjects in just the phase 3 clinical trial for the Pfizer vaccine included people 65 years of age and older. That age group also included those with co-morbidities and in fact performed really well at preventing disease in the older groups.  

Here is a direct link to the results evaluated by the FDA for the Pfizer vaccine:

https://www.fda.gov/media/144245/download 

Here is the actual letter for emergency use authorization written by the FDA:

Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine EUA Letter of Authorization (fda.gov)

Note it says nothing about withholding from the older age group.  It is approved for individuals 16 years of age and older, with no age cut off or recommendations for older individuals.

Here is the letter of authorization from the FDA for the Moderna Vaccine:

https://www.fda.gov/media/144636/download 

Note it is recommendated for individuals 18 years of age and older.

They don't have the clinical data released on the FDA website yet as far as I can tell, but here is the initial data published by Modera earlier which shows demographic breakdown of subjects, which includes older individuals:

https://www.modernatx.com/sites/default/files/content_documents/2020-COVE-Study-Enrollment-Completio... 

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
I am personally not anxious to get the vaccine delivered here...because I am over 65 and now the FDA is saying since the vaccine was not tested in my age group, we need to wait until all essential workers ( WM and HD)and healthcare workers ...and don’t forget politicians.,,,they lined up yesterday to get theirs...but a lot of them are in their 80’s....don’t get me started or I will be poofed instantly!

EAF7B6CD-8EEE-4549-8A35-BE34F6C33EBF.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

Well, can't say I'm seeing a conspiracy under each rock, but reports in my state that those who were supposed to get the first vaccinations did not, and those who did get the first vaccinations weren't supposed to.  Now we're out of vaccine because we only got, like, 37% of what was promised.  

Pardon me, but I'm impatient.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

The head of Warp Speed has taken responsiblity and has apologized.

Yes ,he did i think i would say he works for the government,who appointed him?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

It's unfortunate that even older people seem to have fallen into the "I want this yesterday" mentality. This is our immediate action era. The size, the scope, the logistics don't seem to matter. If I don't "get it now it's xyz's fault".  Anyone remember the Pony Express or Wells Fargo Stage Coach Lines?

Guess the loudest and 1st to complain have never worked meticulously on a large plan for a specific day and time, and then!  Something unexpected or a small detail done wrong or overlooked, and KA-BOOM!

I heard years, actually decades ago, that patience was a virtue. Not sure where I picked it up but I will credit my mother and her genetics. 

I'm out, for now!

hckynut 

@hckynut   Yeeks John.  Just how old are you?  LOL (kidding you)

The phrase patience is a virtue is first attributed to a poem from the 1300's (patience is the greatest virtue)

It was also noted in the Canterbury Tales-patience is the highest virtue.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh