Honored Contributor

Re: covid 19 vaccine delays

[ Edited ]

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

Did not know there was a  thread,already.

This one. You commented on it. Must have slipped your mind. 

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Community-Chat/No-Issues-with-Pfizer-Vaccine-Production/m-p/6665637#M16... 

YEAH, i just checked, i did didn't i? well i did say i did not understand what it was about!!!!Woman Surprised

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@wonderfulworld wrote:

Our state as well...30 % less. Very frustrating. I hope Moderna is better coordinated,  but I am doubtful I must say.

This is not Phizer's fault!!!!! People in control are playing games!

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

I got an e-mail from my medical system saying the vaccine is limited.  They outlined who would get the vaccine in stages and said the general public ( not medical workers or those in nursing homes) would probably be able to get the vaccine in the spring of 2021.

The public is getting the vaccine in stages too, based on age and medical need.

With that info,there is no use getting excited over the vaccine.  Healthy individuals will not be able to be vaccinated anytime soon....and remember, in about 21 days, all those vaccinated people will need a second dose.  

Hang on, It's gonna be a while until your turn comes up.

Honored Contributor

Re: covid 19 vaccine delays

[ Edited ]

@Carmie wrote:

I got an e-mail from my medical system saying the vaccine is limited.  They outlined who would get the vaccine in stages and said the general public ( not medical workers or those in nursing homes) would probably be able to get the vaccine in the spring of 2021.

The public is getting the vaccine in stages too, based on age and medical need.

With that info,there is no use getting excited over the vaccine.  Healthy individuals will not be able to be vaccinated anytime soon....and remember, in about 21 days, all those vaccinated people will need a second dose.  

Hang on, It's gonna be a while until your turn comes up.

I'm pretty sure MOST of us here will be at the end of the line, which is fine with me because I didn't want to be first anyway.

Respected Contributor

Figures, doesn't it.  

Honored Contributor

Moderna's vaccine should soon be available too.

Which, according to an official from FedEx I saw being interviewed, is going to be a logistical challenge for them since it requires different shipping methods than the Pfizer vaccine.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

Moderna's vaccine should soon be available too.

Which, according to an official from FedEx I saw being interviewed, is going to be a logistical challenge for them since it requires different shipping methods than the Pfizer vaccine.

But it is much easier to store, @geezerette 

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@wonderfulworld wrote:

Our state as well...30 % less. Very frustrating. I hope Moderna is better coordinated,  but I am doubtful I must say.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

@wonderfulworld   General Perna stepped forward  yesterday during a telephone briefing with the press to explain that he provided incorrect numbers to the states and took accountability for the miscommunication to the states.

So you can rest assured that it isn't a problem on the part of Pfizer.  Hopefully they have corrected the problem and will also review the numbers the General provided to the states for the Moderna vaccine so that if those numbers are off they can adjust those numbers as well. 

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Honored Contributor

I can't wait until we don't have to deal with these stupid problems anymore.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest 

What I heard originally about distribution and those getting the vaccine first was in this order.

1- Front line workers in all capacities, police etc.

2- Nursing and assisted living homes

3- Elderly, over 65 with underlying conditions

4- Elderly, which again is age 65 up.

Now, in some states? The Elderly got moved down the list. Why? Check your state, I am aware of a few, but will not give them here.

Like other things that have recently happened. Using a sports analogy.  Move the goalposts/change the rules during the game. This in some states is how I see it.

Will it effect me? Beats me, it's the "principle" to me, nothing to do with me personally. Right/Wrong?  Everyone will have an opinion, I do.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)