Trusted Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

Hydrogen Peroxide doesn't kill viruses. Read up on that. 

I'm reading that hydrogen peroxide does kill viruses.  It is vinegar that does not.

Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Spraying packages ,mail  and anything that is deliverd to home,is using it up fairly fast.

@goldensrbest 

You could also put things aside for a few days in a safe place (garage maybe?) until the virus has had enough time to die off.  Time varies for different surfaces.  There are a number of references as to how long it lasts if you google.  But I believe the longest time is 4 days on metal and plastic surfaces.  So if you don't need something right away, you can just wait till it's safe to touch.  No sanitizer needed in that case. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Spraying packages ,mail  and anything that is deliverd to home,is using it up fairly fast.

3 packages arrived at my door yesterday. Two by FedEx, one USPS. I know what's in them (2 are 25lb bags of cat food) and don't need to open right away.

Just in case someone coughed on the items or the packages, I just put on a glove and set them aside, will leave them in their spot for a few weeks before opening them.

I know what bills I'm expecting. I set them in their usual spot. I won't touch them until I pay them next month on the 10th.

Everything else is junk mail. It goes straight to the cart outside. No point in walking it through the house before throwing it into the recycling cart...

What would you have me spray?

Honored Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

3 packages arrived at my door yesterday. Two by FedEx, one USPS. I know what's in them (2 are 25lb bags of cat food) and don't need to open right away.

Just in case someone coughed on the items or the packages, I just put on a glove and set them aside, will leave them in their spot for a few weeks before opening them.

I know what bills I'm expecting. I set them in their usual spot. I won't touch them until I pay them next month on the 10th.

Everything else is junk mail. It goes straight to the cart outside. No point in walking it through the house before throwing it into the recycling cart...

What would you have me spray?

You can do what ever you want to.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

@PilatesLover wrote:

@queendiva wrote:

I am just back from trying unsuccessfully to get spray disinfectant . Still have some Clorox wipes. Using a solution of water, Dawn & Clorox bleach for now. So far, so good.

Please share your measurements of each?  Thank you.

Dawn label specifically says "Do not add bleach."

Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I don't have any spray - it triggers my asthma.

The virus lives on cardboard for 24 hours. I don't spray packages or mail, I set them in a box in the corner and don't touch them for 48 hours.

Soap and water kill the virus, so I'm using that on faucet knobs, doorknobs, drawer and cabinet pulls, light switches, appliance handles and whatever else I can.

I have one container of wipes and I'm saving those for when I don't have time for soap and water or don't want to get something too wet.

Honored Contributor

A 10% bleach solution is as good as it gets when it comes to disinfecting. Vinegar is not a disinfectant.

Honored Contributor

With only 52 confirmed cases in my whole state (WV), I don’t feel the need to develop this level of drama about my contact with mail, packages, or groceries.   

I understand precautionary measures; my husband and daughters have asthma and COPD, so we are staying home, limiting outings and contact with others, and washing our hands.  

No one has been in our home besides the 4 of us, and honestly our biggest risk factor is with trucker daughter being exposed thru her work and bringing the virus home with her.  

I’m not making light of this situation, but I’m not blowing it out of proportion either.