Trusted Contributor

@1Snickers wrote:

@PilatesLover   In my kitchen and den I also use a Hepa, and Uv Light sanitizer which is said to kill bacteria and viruses. The vinegar is for floors with a dash of lysol. 

@1Snickers You are not supposed to mix vinegar and lysol.  That's dangerous.

Actually, you should be very careful before mixing any cleaning agents.  Just google is it dangerous to mix X with Y before doing it.

Trusted Contributor

@goldensrbest 

Hydrogen peroxide can be very effective. You can dilute it in a spray bottle. Just google it first as it can damage some surfaces. Also- don't mix it with vinegar or bleach!

Honored Contributor
@Celtic Crafter. That is exactly how I handle the mail, which is my usual routine with it, long before Corona virus.
Esteemed Contributor

I have a steamer that I have been using  and I've been using a steam mop.

41r+LMkL8-L._AC_SY200_.jpg

31ZBCkM2uwL._AC_SY400_ (1).jpg

As far as I know, nothing can survive high temperature steam.

it's non-toxic, plus, it just uses water!

no harsh chemicals!

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Trusted Contributor

@queendiva wrote:

I am just back from trying unsuccessfully to get spray disinfectant . Still have some Clorox wipes. Using a solution of water, Dawn & Clorox bleach for now. So far, so good.

Please DO NOT MIX DAWN AND CHLOROX!  It produces a toxic gas that will end you up in the hospital with lung damage!

https://www.cdpr.ca.gov/docs/dept/factshts/bleach_soap.pdf

Honored Contributor

Hydrogen Peroxide doesn't kill viruses. Read up on that. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Trusted Contributor

"Bleach and ammonia produce a toxic gas called chloramine. "It causes the same symptoms as bleach and vinegar — along with shortness of breath and chest pain," says Forte. Many glass and window cleaners contain ammonia, so never mix those with bleach"

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/home/cleaning/tips/a32773/cleaning-products-never-mix/

Honored Contributor

When cleaning mirrors, do not use glass cleaner with ammonia as it causes desilvering of your mirror. A chemical reaction occurs with the mirror & the ammonia. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

Boy, I thought everyone knew not to mix bleach and ammonia. This has been stated for decades, but I guess not.

Honored Contributor
<p><font size="4">Dish soap, water a little Clorox.&nbsp; Bleach is the best disinfectant for household use.&nbsp; Cheap and easy.</font></p>
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment